Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Potato with FCS H3 fins

Aloha,
    Anyone ever tried the FCS H-3 Medium + H-3 Quad Rear Fins on a sweet potato?
    I read that the Controllers are a great option to future fins system and this FCS setup looks "similar" to the Controllers.
    Thanks

I use H3 Quads in the rear with Large Simon Andersons in the front .
    The H3s give the board a little bit more looser feel in the tail than the Simon Anderson rears which held in a little to much but with the SAs and H3 combo the board had the right amount of hold and release for me. My other fins for this board are the Rusty R2s which I would highly recommend as well . On some of my other boards I stick to the H3s quad and thruster set ups its a great all round fin set.

Comment

Thanks Rusty. Can you tell me the size of your SP and how much do you weight?
      Did you ever try the SP with the K2.1 quad setup?
      Cheers

Comment

I am riding a 5,6 and I am 83 kg this board is big on volume for me so it effects my fin choice a bit differently I would imagine that if I was on a 5,4. I love the K2.1 quad set up on my Dom I only use that set up but I do not think it would work for me on my SP , not enough hold to much release. So many variables to say what is right or wrong for someone else , my only advise would be if you are happy with a fin set for a certain board stick with it .

Comment

I am still trying to figure out which fins will work the best in small and weak surf.
          I'll try to test the large SA but I would say that in theory that the h3 setup would work. :-)

Comment

You can try all the other fins in the sweet potato for small stuff.
            Then you can put in a set of Indo controllers and be done with wondering how to make it faster and looser.
            Read the "Just got to share the stoke" sweet potato thread.

Comment

Stop it Pete :p

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
              You can try all the other fins in the sweet potato for small stuff.
              Then you can put in a set of Indo controllers and be done with wondering how to make it faster and looser.
              Read the "Just got to share the stoke" sweet potato thread.

Comment

"Push the switch Igor".

Comment

I'm going to have to. I'll sell all the ones I bought instead first and get some money back. haha

Comment

Working...
                  X