X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summertime fun in the Med

Just me out on one of the most busiest holiday Islands in the World , laughing.

Nice one!!

Comment

Ha!!!!, need some of that!!

Comment

Water temp 25 degrees , air temp 30 degrees now but when the big winter swells come its a 4/3 and booties with snow on the mountains.

Comment

come spring i can't wait to get INTO my 4/3.. 5mm suits just seem so much heavier

Comment

Cold still winter mornings putting the rubber on love it cant wait for winter.

Comment

So Mallorca gets some decent waves?

Comment

Yeh not much in the Summer but the rest of a time you get swell every week all wind swells lasting 1 to 3 days average swell size in the winter 4 to 6 feet.(at its peek) So good size you just have to time your surfs on the back side of swell as the wind eases off. I am a Kiwi but we get more swell here than we get on the east coast of NZ. Their are loads of very good set ups here beach, point and reef breaks. I surf mostly a long right point break mostly to myself a soft wave which I mostly surf my SP on 1 to 3 ft just got a Potatonator for 3 to 4 ft only surfed it once on the point so far but the board went great and when its 4 to 6ft solid I ride my Fuego which I love .So getting what I can on the SP over the summer and waiting to pull the other boards out when summer ends cant wait.

Comment

Rusty, yes Mallorca looks to be on the same parallel as Sardinia and Ibiza. I know Sardinia gets swell (I worked with an Italian surfer in California on assignment), what about Ibiza? What's the biggest wave you've seen? And when is the best month? Bloody amazing the reports I'm hearing about the Med, we have an Israeli surfer hanging around my local beach currently in Oz (thought he was another Brazilian actually until I was corrected). I guess it is not Indo by any stretch but still interesting for an odd surf adventure. You're not a bankrupt on the run are you, LOL?

Comment

Yes that is right Sardinia gets the lions share of swell in the western med , Ibiza is just out of the swell window and Mallorca is just inside the window lucky for me. The swell that passes in between Sardinia and Mallorca hits the north African Coast of Tunisia with double the fetch and less wind by the time the swell hits the coast this could be a great Destination for waves in the winter. Italian surfers are well aware of the potential their its no secret. November to March is the best time for a visit . The biggest waves I have seen and surfed were solid 8ft with a couple of 10 ft sets this happened in a Hurricane the only one ever recorded in the Med. But normally 6 to 7ft is as big as they get Most of the time I surf 3 to 4 ft swells. Yes it is no Indo for barrel riding I go to Morocco most winters but the med is a lot more consistent than a lot of surfers realize . No I am not on the run . Was traveling around the world surfing 14 years ago ended up here met a girl and the rest is history.

Comment

man that video from italy in the winter was epic. looked super hollow.

my brother was there this past year and said he got some super fun surf.

Comment

Working...
                      X