X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP size

I have been searching the threads here trying to figure out the correct size SP would fit me. Though I just want to double check and see what people think. I am a begin/intermediate surfer though don't surf enough to be in surfing shape. I am 5'11'' and 160lbs and 25yrs old. I surf mostly in New England and this would be for having fun on small days. I was think that 5'6'' would be a good size for me but not sure. Alright thanks in advance

-Westy

Hey Westy, what are you currently riding?

Comment

Iggy, I am riding a 7'2'' WRV funboard

Comment

Any troubles there as far as popping up on the board, take offs and going down the line with your current board?

Comment

No I don't have much trouble with that

Comment

The thing is both boards (sweet and baked) pack lots of volume in such a compressed length that some people have difficulties adapting to the shorten in length. What's the shortest board you've ever ridden?. Have you surfed anything shorter than your current board lately?Volume wise and for the conditions you will be surfing you could be jumping on a 5'4", 5'6" will be a much safer bet but again, all depending on yur skills. I will take a look at the baked before the sweet. And even before this two maybe the Dominator... the sweet potato is not as recommended as the domintor for begginers.

Comment

Iggy,
              I have used my uncles kneeboard before as a surfboard, it is short but I dont know the actual length maybe 5'5''. There isn't much volume to it so it makes catching the waves difficult. I tend to pick things up quite quick though I don't have a lot of upper body strength so I tend to get tired before I want to stop surfing hahaha. That was why I was thinking a 5'6'' might be a better size. It would be nice to have a board thats shorter than my funboard and more agile. Though I want to be able to go out enjoy the small waves without really struggling to catch them.

edit: I will look into and read more about the Dominator
              Last edited by dhwes87; 08-02-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah 5'6" will be a much safer choice if you decide to stick with the potatoes. I will incline for the baked though. But check the Dominator, quite a nice board, impresively performant

Comment

Alright thanks a lot Iggy, I'll look into all of them and try and make a decision on one.

Comment

Working...
                  X