Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to help!

Comment

With the release of the new high performance models, do you guys still think the 6'1" Taj would be the best board to compliment my 5'8" Hellfire for the more serious conditions when I'm in Indo?

Thanks

Comment

5'11" Hellfire would be a lot of fun and the thinner 6'0" MB would give you that extra stability and paddle power but still have that Taj rocker. Not sure when that one will hit retail in the UK though.
        The thicker 5'10" could be good too. The Taj model is still a gooden though.

Comment

good luck jackson!

Comment

Just picked up my 6'1'' Taj... so happy to get it in time for my trip to Indo (it arrived 4 days before I fly, haha) and it was a nice surprise to see that it's Nanotuned.

Stoked on the shape of the board, and glad to see that the new model has a little more volume through the rails, nose and tail than I remember from the older version I checked out some time ago.

Just one question... the writing on the rail of the board says 26L but all of the info I've read (including the compare boards feature) says the 6'1'' Taj is 26.7L. I'm just wondering which one is correct? I reckon 26L would be perfect for me as I was finding it difficult to decide between the 6'1" or 6'0" based on the volumes from the charts.

Can't wait to surf this beaut in some Indo juice.

Comment

Stoked! I'd have thought the volume on the rail was correct. As it must be one of the very latest before they stopped making the Taj its possible it's been tweaked slightly.
              New logo placement on that one? Pics!!!

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice guys, the 6'1'' was perfect for most of the waves I surfed on my trip. Here's one of the nuggets I shared with the board...

Attachment

Here's a pick of the logo placement for you prjwebb...

Attachment

Although I loved the board and it was a magic stick for my trip, I ended up selling it on my last day in Indo (I needed the money to pay for a red/black resin tinted, retro yet functional travel board with a 2+1 fin setup... I simply couldn't resist it). When I have the cash I'll buy a Michel Bourez to replace the Taj, as I reckon it will be a better all-rounder for less perfect waves.

I just have a question for the Firewire guys regarding the volume of my Taj, as clarification will make it easier for me to chose the right size Spartan... the Firewire website and Board Formula tool state that the 6'1'' Taj should be 26.7L, yet the info written on my board (see pic below for serial no.) indicated that the volume was 26L. Please can you confirm which is correct? The volume felt about right for me, so it would be good to know for the future.

Attachment

Thanks
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jackson; 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Niiice Jackson. That's a sweet shot. Shame you sold her on as it's unlikely you'll get the chance to get another one.
                  Good looking board!

Comment

Yeah, pretty sad to say goodbye to her on Poppies II, haha. I'm confident that Firewire will continue to produce great boards, so I'm not stressing too much.

Oh yeah, just want to say a testimony to the durability of FST construction... the board held up great in the heat (I travelled long distances on a scooter with the board in a black board bag) and survived plenty of heavy beatings (including me doing a massive superman exit and landing on my back across the centre of the board, haha) and still looked almost new after three months of daily use in Indo.
                    Last edited by Jackson; 08-21-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

... ?

Comment

Yeha we do have the profile coming out which is very close to the Taj model...

Comment

Nice, so many new boards in the pipeline. Chris, please can you look into my query about the volume of the Taj? Details are in my previous post on this thread (the one with the photos). Thanks

Comment

... guys??

Comment

Maybe email Chris with the serial number. I'd have thought the volume on the rail would be accurate.

Comment

26.7L on that one!!

Comment

Working...
                                X