X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT PLEASE!!!

Has anyone any feedback on the TJ everyday? Urgent please!!!!

Found it to be a little more 'old school' with it's flatter rocker. I have one and like it for what it is...bought specifically for smaller clean waves. If this is to be your sole board, might consider something else a bit more all purpose.

Comment

Thanks Sham. I've had a Mctavish original years ago which looks like the TJpro. It was far too progressive for our local waves, but boy could it turn on fast waves. Yes I'm looking for an all-rounder hence thinking of the Everyday, from the pictures it does look a bit loggish?. There's nothing wrong with my present longboard, a surftech Dino Miranda, the seed of thinking about a new board has germinated into a must! Silly.

Comment

Nobody except Shamulater knows anything about the Everyday including the Firewire people!

Comment

Hi Anthony. I'd normally try and help. But like the majority of us I haven't ridden the FW longboards, nor do I know anything about them or any other long boards. With the FW staff, they are generally only online a couple of days a week. I hope you're able to find the info you're after. Thanks

Comment

Thanks Justo, I had a very nice email from TJ himself trying to explain things to me. The problem is, with his ability, he may as well be from a different planet than me. I mean it would be nice to get an opinion from an ordinary longboarder. He said the nose was 18.5-19", but not sure of exact measurements, which helped a little. Anyone out there have any feedback please?
            Last edited by anthony.d; 10-23-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              That's very cool that the former longboard world champ took the time to do that!
              I don't have a clue about longboards but I feel like you couldn't go too far wrong with one of those.

I agree, sounds like a smashing bloke.

Comment

I have the 9' Flexflight and it is sweet. Paddles like a dream compared to other longboards I've tried. Turns great with the thin rails and is super fast down the line. I've got the FCS Kai Sallas fin on it with a couple side bites. Great board so far, I've had it for about a year a 3 months. Ridden it at oceanside beach breaks, san elijo, terra mar, so I consider it a great longboard that has a range of abilities.

Comment

Hello OMB,
                can you tell me the nose and tail widths 12" from the ends. I think that is how they measure them. Thank you VERY much! Anthony
                ps. TJ gave me scores of speed 9/10, manouverability 9/10, nose riding 8/10.
                Last edited by anthony.d; 10-23-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

My 9'4" has an 18 3/4" nose and a 15 3/4" tail (give or take an 1/8"). Had it out two nights ago in clean waist high waves and I'd be hard pressed to give it a 9/10 for maneuverability...it's not stiff by any means but the flat rocker does elongate most turns. Speed and glide are real good...nose riding a considerable bit above average. Really is a great board for smallish conditions.

Comment

I've surfed the TJ Everyday once and it definitely feels like a high performance longboard - more so than other longboards. I then watched my friend (who is a really good longboarder) surf the TJ in about 3-4ft. surf and he was killing it. Because it is so thin, he was able to do aggressive turns where he dug the rail, as well as pump down the line to generate speed - even saw him catch a little air off an end section. While you can ride it as a standard longboard where you cross step up and down the board and nose ride, it is unique in that you can pump and essentially complete drawn out snaps off the lip - pretty amazing for a longboard.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Thanks both. I would have got one but the lack of info meant I delayed and missed out. I'll have to stick with my surftech!

Comment

anthony- i have the 9'4 everyday as well and the nose and tale are the same 18 3/4" and 15 3/4". As for the way it rides, its amazing in clean waves but doesn't like chop. Really fun on small days!

Comment

All,
                          Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I missed the boat. The board was gone! Oh dear!

Comment

Working...
                          X