X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish fins

I know not many people are still riding FW Fishes, all on some form of Potato, but can anyone remember and recommend FCS fins that worked well in the quadfish? I've tried Indo Controllers and they are OK but struggling to get the board up to speed quickly (could just be poor technique). I've got the 6'2 retro and I'm 90kg Intermediate. Thanks.

Co-incidental....but I've only just tried a set of AMT robber fronts with controller rears in my 5'11" baked potato ans it's a lot easier to get speed out of it than with the full controllers in small waves (1-2').
    The old forum has some good threads on fish fin choice too.

Comment

Hey, Tallkook, try some MR twin fins as your leading fins and adjust the size of the rear fins for looseness. Lots of get-up-and-go, especially in the retro quadfishes. Always worked for me in my FW fishes.

Comment

Thanks Cuttle and pagey. Think I'll start down the MR path.

Comment

Hey pagey did you use the MR TFX or the MR 78? Thanks.

Comment

Hey Tallkook, I've got a set of MR TFX fronts (lost the trailer) that I can send you for a beer or something. All my boards are Futures now so no use for them. Send me a PM if you want them.
            cheers
            Last edited by STC67; 07-21-2012, 02:12 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Awesome STC thanks for the generous offer. Can't find where I PM? Sent you a friend request. Maybe I can after that.

Comment

Got the fried request TK, tried to send you a PM. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Cheers

Comment

No good STC it seems I'm not worthy of PM privleges yet??

Happy to give you some $$ for em, let me know by email (if you can).

Thanks mate.
                  Last edited by tallkook; 07-21-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Tallkook, I have used every kind of MR twin they made: TFX, 78, MRX Carbon, and TF1 Carbon. I liked them all on various boards but was happy with the TFXs most often. The 78s are great in straight twin set-ups. TFXs should be the call in your retro quad. They were in mine. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by STC67 View Post
                      Got the fried request TK, tried to send you a PM. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Cheers
                      Sent an Email this time TK :)

Comment

Hey STC nothing turned up yet mate. Hope you are surfing on the new PN today.

Pagey, thanks for all your help.

Comment

My Bad

Try again.

Comment

Working...
                          X