Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimberTEK - Out with the old, in with the new.

Recently the crew at Grain Surfboards reached out to us and expressed that the name TechnoGrain was causing a bit of confusion among their customer base. They were super cool in their approach and as the conversation developed, with each side sharing their thoughts, we came to the collective decision that changing the name from TechnoGrain to TimberTEK left everyone happy and helped eliminate product confusion.

With that, we are stoked to welcome TimberTEK to the fold. Its the EXACT same build, weight, liveliness, durability etc, just with a different name. Literally the only change will be the alteration seen in the logo. Those of you early adopters with TechnoGrain branded boards now have collectors items that are probably worth millions*.

Attachment

Thanks again for all your support and leave your thoughts and questions!

*This statement is completely false.
    Attached Files

Appreciate the update Chris. What other models can we expect to see in TimberTek and how soon? TimberTek Tomo gotta nice ring to it you think?

Comment

I had heard that the timber tech will eventually replace rapidfire tech?

Comment

@Chris, when can we expect more TT boards to arrive in Hawaii?? Q2 2013 is almost done and it seems like there is only one TT available at every other store and it's usually a size that is not popular. Should I pre-order to guarantee that I get one?? Do you guys need help chopping down paulownia trees? I got a chainsaw ready to go!! LMK! :D

ALOHA!!

Comment

What is this TimberTEK you speak of? My board just arrived last week and it is most certainly a Techno Grain. 😗

Comment

@philosurfical, you have the first batch. they changed the name to TimberTek to avoid confusion (lawsuit) with another surfboard company.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Holy ****! Finally got to feel up a TT BP (they've only just hit Euro shores) and I'm blown away. The look and feel incredible. So light and just stunning to look at. It's almost a wall hanger...

I think I'm going to have to get one. Anyone want a 502 Sweet Potato?

Comment

I've had TT Unibrow for a couple of weeks and had to be forced to wax it and surf it!!!!! They are worthy of hanging on a wall but look far better hanging a bit bottom turn. I turned around on a rock shelf before jumping and gave the nose a healthy smack - no chips or cracks. So far no deck dents so I would have to say they have strength. This is my first Firewire board so I had no idea of what to expect. I was going through a PU board in less than 12 months so went to surftech but after a few waves on Unibrow I am selling my 5 surftechs.

Comment

@Phill, yea TT looks tight!
                  @jambo, no glassing means no dings :)

ALOHA!!

Comment

It will be interesting to see the lifespan of the hot coat that seals the timber. Even if it needs renewing it should be quite simple to sand original then add a coat. So far no cracks or whatever. I know from experience that timber veneer has ability to flex and return, but it can break and where that point is I am not sure. Penetration dings from fins or rocks might present a problem but fibreglass is quite poor at preventing these as well. This was the advantage of vacuum bagged epoxy boards but types foam was problem. Apparently the closed cell foam used in Alaskan homes glues up for great blanks but a problem to shape. A closed cell foam would make TT boards bullet proof! I think that the tech boffins at firewire are really on to something with this Timber Tek and I really want the Hell Razor to be made in it. I still cannot believe the acceleration out of turns by these boards and after many years on surftechs (for strength and durability) I think I have found GREAT technology and shapes!!!!!!!!!!! I was never a Firewire fan now can't shut me up about them!

Comment

@jambo, i'm still waiting for them to pump out more TT boards! lol.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                      X