Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimberTek clean up

What up people!

Any product recomendation to clean up the Timbertek? Is it ok Windex? Can I use Pledge?. Sorry I dont want to sound funny, but I sincerely don't know what to use to clean up my new board. I mean its new, but it has dust from the shop and like a white something (probably foam dust) but I need to clean it up before sticking the Astrodeck and also to know in the future on how to clen it up after a couple seshs...

I will appreciate any help on that too.

Thanks
    ps pardon my english...

@Mookie, interesting question! Pledge will make it slippery. Windex might work...since I use it to clean my wood floors. Safe bet would be to wet towel with water and make sure towel is damp not soaked. I'm curious as to what Chris would say... ALOHA!!

Comment

Check this

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/ti...your-board.php

Comment

• hawaii_boi
        hawaii_boi commented
        Editing a comment
        Phill, thanks for the link! it was very informative :D

ALOHA!!

yeah a citrus cleaner is definitely best. Keep in mind that TT does have a hot coat on it so using a solution such as goo gone will safely separate wax from that hot coat. windex probably won't do much though...

cheers and hope this helps

Comment

Thanks Guys!! I can't wait to get it wet!!. Will post as soon I ride my first wave. Thanks again!!

Comment

yeeeeeeaaaahhh Mookie! get some air pictures!

ALOHA!!

Comment

I've used my TT Spitfire 3 times now from my last post here and the impression is INSANE feeling!!. The waves i surfed were shoulder high kinda mushy with lots of power here in San Juan.The only thing that I need to get used to the 20.5 width, feels a bit weird on the bottom turns. I've have never ridden a board thet wide before. Can't wait for a day with good waves.

Aloha!!

Comment

Puerto Rico eh!? That's where I'm from. I live in Southern California now though. The Spitfire 5'8" has been my favorite shape from Firewire, next to the 5'6" Retro Quadfish for a few years now and I just got a new TT Spitfire.

Comment

• Mookie
                Mookie commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep!! from La Isla del Encanto. The TT Spitfire shreds!!
            Working...
            X