X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ride Crack

Just got a t 5'7'' Baked Potato TimberTEK about a week ago and had my first session this morning on it. Caught a wave that crumbled on my back putting my knee into the deck of the board, not hard but felt like the usual knee tap. After the paddle back out realized my knee was bleeding, looked at the deck of the board and found a nice crack right through the top sheet of wood. I understand that things happen but this was the first session on it maybe second wave. I want to know who I should contact because after reading that these boards are "highly durable" this should not have happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Give chris an email, [email protected] and explain what happened to him along with photos of the damage and he'll look into it for you.

Comment

• njsurf111
      njsurf111 commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually took it back to the shop I got it from and they told me they wanted to replace it, so they're gonna talk to their rep. Thanks for the help.

a knee to any board will most likely crack. that sucks you damaged it on your first sesh. hopefully they can help fix or replace it.

ALOHA!!

Comment

I saw a new board on a rack at a MAJOR surf shop that the wood had been gouged by people testing the strength with their nails. These where multiple indentations and gave me the impression that the wood is super soft. I have also seen a board with a crazy knee indentation. At this point I'm avoiding this tech. Perhaps if they used a harder resin it might work.

Comment

Just got my TT baked potato yesterday and had my second session today. I somehow cracked the top deck with my heel which left a sizable deep cut on my foot. Them splinters are sharp. I didnt notice the crack until i cleaned the wax off the deck. The wood texture makes it tough to see. Also I nicked it easily with my nail whilst trying to peel away the stickers it came with. Although nice to look at I think timbertek could use some fine tuning to fix these bugs. Maybe a layer of glassing over the wood?

Comment

idanestee the rails on a TT already have a thin coat. A thin layer of glassing on the rest of the board would be a great idea!

ALOHA!!

Comment

idanestee, can you post a picture of the damage? thanks!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
            X