Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Anyone notice the woodgrain a tiny bit lumpy across the bottom deck? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone notice the woodgrain a tiny bit lumpy across the bottom deck?

The board is insane, not sniveling, but noticed the grain knots and such, a little lumpy by hand (not visible) across the bottom deck. I wouldn't or rather "woodn't" care if it was the top deck, but just wondering if anyone noticed. I can't complain since it was sort of a hookup but.... I just figure it was the wood wanting me to have a little extra concave here and there, LOL...

Yes my Techno-Grain has a few that are on the knots / nots. A second hot coat would get rid of them but I reckon the shaper Paul Ownia was experimenting with scoops and concave! Mine is fast, whips around and so far not a pressure mark or dent. I heard a little whisper that newer timber teks were getting a double dip of resin so maybe people have noticed and won't spend the $$$$ on what they think is a dent - silly them as they don't know what they are missing!

Comment

Chance'um you got a picture those knots on the board?

ALOHA!!

Comment

The Techno-Grains will have little imperfections like that sometimes but they will not interfere with the boards performance in anyway.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

The old school dimple-bottom! Nah, not so bad, can only see in perfect lighting.. Too minor to take a picture, but can feel it heavily by hand...Can feel it all over on the bottom deck but it won't matter. However the top deck is totally smooth, would've been cooler the other way around. Maybe it's a blem. Still beautiful. I like to think the extra concaves will help on rail, and make it feel like my hellfire. Not worried, just wondering if it's normal, I'm sure they'll work it out..

Comment

Chance'um oh ok. I'm still waiting for the TT stock to increase...

ALOHA!!

Comment

No fibreglass plus thin hot coat and no or very little sanding. You're going to feel the texture of the wood a little where the resin sinks into knots and the grain. I like it though, they feel good to me. The light weight and liveliness is what counts for me, especially on a small wave board.

Comment

Working...
              X