X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timber TEK - Spitfire Vs Unibrow

Iv'e been thinking of getting a spitfire or a Unibrow. Im a little concerned I want something i can surf on all different types of conditions. I really just want to know the big difference between the two. From what i can tell the Spitfire has alot of speed and drive.. how responsive is it? Can anyone compare the two?

I have a spitfire and honestly the board is amazing! I've surfed it from thigh high crap to 1.5x OH hollow surf. Incredibly versatile, just swap your fins our to increase range. In super hollow stuff the wide tail in the spit can get a little skatey. This is where the uni would come into its own, the rounded pin will hold better in critical sections. To my understanding, the unibrow is to the spitfire as the spitfire is to the potatonator. Uni and spit cover a broad wave range, with the spit doing the lower end and the uni doing the slightly bigger stuff (probably chest high to 2x OH). Also, you will surf the spit about 4" shorter than the uni. Personally, I'm upgrading to a V2 rocket and a mini driver. That will do me from knee high to 2x OH +++

Comment

Working...
    X