Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new timbertek with lots of air bubbles on glassing???!!!!!

Hi everyone,

i just got my new 5'6" unibrow timbertek in the mail yesterday and im curious if anyone else has a "million" tiny air bubbles on their board??!!! i currently have a sweet potato (5'2") and vanguard (5'2") (both FST) so they are white and obviously you cant see the air bubbles and blemishes compared to the timbertek. also, the board color is not as rich of a wood finish as the pictures show and the outline of the last 3 inches of the nose was no symmetrical

even though it sounds like im bitching...the board is still a damn good looking board

other than esthetics, i did take it for a test drive and the board works like a charm!!!! the board transitions very well from rail to rail...it has a nice kick in the tail with not much volume so its super loose if you are heavy on your back foot. ooverall, im not too picky with the esthetics of the board just as long as it rips.

cheers to the labor day weekend,

kevin

The board should only be coated once or twice with resin and glass cloth on rails to seal joins. I have heard that if resin is applied with too much catalyst it can form bubbles. My board is also super loose yet hangs in on bigger days. The timbertek has a great look but the knots, colour and grain are very different from a resin/cloth finish in terms of feel and smoothness. I have a baked potato in TT and it has been glassed on the bottom (got it as a second) and it feels "normal" but I prefer the lightly coated unibrow. I do think that I'll have to recoat the board at some stage as timber and the ocean aren't the best of friends.

Comment

Working...
    X