Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timbertek getting mold on the wood, should i be worried?

I bought a new timbertek Unibrow in the late spring, and have been surfing pretty hard throughout the summer down here in the Outer banks. Now I rinse my board off after every session to keep it fresh. But I immediatley put it in my boardback for safekeeping. All of a sudden for the last 3 weeks I started noticing this mold like substance growing around my fcs finbox's and in the slits of my stomp pad. It seems like I could just scrub it off with some sort of cleaner but I dont want to hurt the board. Any suggestions on what type of cleaner I could use to take it off? And if I should be worried about the stability of the board. Like if the mold will make the wood weak? Cause it seems to be growing between the slits in my stomp pad and its going to be tough to actually remove all of the mold underneath it? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciative. Thanks

Just scrape it off. Also, always dry your board completely before putting in a board bag.

Comment

hey mate i know that vinegar (as its a mild acid) cleans/kills mold,pretty well, so you could give it a wash with some (maybe diluted) vinegar occasionally, and yeh make sure its dry before you put it to bed i suppose...

Comment

I had mould on my wood once but it took a trip to the doc to remove that. I would just scrap and clean with a citrus cleaner that FW recommend that will kill it. Let the board dry and job done.

Comment

Lol, you definitely don't want mouldy, smelly, crusty stuff on your wood.

Comment

Thanks i appreciate the tips, and yeah I definitely don't want my wood getting smelly or crusty, LOL, Will be drying off my board from now on

Comment

De-Solvit citrus cleaner. Great for removing wax too.

Comment

Working...
              X