Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laminated with a hotcoat (sic). :-)

Comment

Update on my case.. Chris C did indeed get in touch with me and provided the caliber of customer service we expect of FW. Board will be swapped out, and am told the new TT is much stronger, thicker coat. Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

I'm not crazy! I noticed a small hockey puck size spot near the fin box of my my new TG BP has started to deteriorate, like the hot coat was sanded through... Thank you all for your input on this topic. I too have contacted Firewire about replacement so we'll see what happens. Other than this issue the board is BITCHIN!

Comment

2nd batch Spitfire, have it for the last year. Have a Pick up truck and throw my board there every sesh. In fact I'm @ work right now and the board is inside the car(getting cooked by the heat) not a scratch, not a ding. Love my TT Spitfire feels insane under my feet. Here a recent pic.

Comment

• megsy
            megsy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey @Mookie,is that Versatraction under your front foot? If so, how do you rate it?

• Mookie
            Mookie commented
            Editing a comment
            @megsy no Versatraction man just simply Sticky Bumps wax

I just want to give major thanks to Firewire customer service. I had a first-gen Technograin board that developed some of the thinning problems discussed here. Sage in Carlsbad responded immediately and Tony from repairs did an awesome job fixing the rails. This was by far one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had. It makes me love all my Firewires even more. Thanks!
          Last edited by Muppet; 01-31-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X