Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is this the early batch that has been sanded to hard? Pic included Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the early batch that has been sanded to hard? Pic included

Bottom of the nose. Right side. About 1x2cm area.. Seem to be no coat in that area as I can definitely feel the wood. Advice appreciated.

I would lightly sand the area and just apply a hot coat of epoxy resin. Finish off with a fine sanding. I don't think it's too serious. My BP is prity light on the resin front too. I am just going to keep an eye on it.

Comment

I'm not even going to worry about bits like that on mine. I'm just going to surf the thing and see out it holds up as it was shipped.

Comment

Might be a bit of a stupid question but What exactly is a hot coat ? Is it just epoxy resin mixed and applied? Also is this wood really water resistant? Can't see any signs of water damage on mine and the coat seems very light. Just hope it holds up ! Love this board

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah the hot coat is just a sealer coat of epoxy resin rather than a laminate coat with fibreglass. The resin will have soaked into the wood and filled all the grain and any pin holes so if there's any areas where the coat is thinned out the wood should still be resistant to water penetration.
          There are other boards build similarly but without the epoxy hot coat, only an oil finish to seal the wood.
      Working...
      X