Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is happening to my TimerTek Baked Potato?

Had the board for about 2 months, surfed it maybe 10 times tops. After every session I wash it down with fresh water and dry the board off completely. At first I noticed one spot and didn't think much of it. Now i'm seeing these spots all over the board, and it's making me very nervous. After only 10 sessions, should the board really be doing this?

I paid a lot of money for this thing, and I have to say I am not pleased with how fast it seems to be... deteriorating? I treat this thing with kid gloves, always have it in a bag. Have never dropped it or dragged it anywhere. The salesman at the store informed me that these were the toughest boards you could buy, even more so than FST. Did I just get unlucky with a faulty board?

More photos:

Comment

Will send him an email right away. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

wavechaser,
        My unibrow had a very similar fault and lasted less than 10 sessions before "worn" and "dry" patches appeared. Sent an email to Firewire and response within a day. It is now back with Firewire at Currumbin. I have been assured that it will be laminated or replaced with newer version that has more resin. I do not know if they are now using a layer of cloth or not. I have a TT spitfire with the new glossier finish and it has passed the 10 surf session mark and looks okay and feels smooth and silky. It seems that this has happened to a few (I am being polite it is their website) BUT they are resolving the problem so you can complain about not using the board but at least the problem will be fixed. Try that with other board companies or shapers! I have just ordered a submoon (making 3 timber teks in the quiver) so I am still a fan of the technology.

Comment

Originally posted by jambo View Post
          wavechaser,
          My unibrow had a very similar fault and lasted less than 10 sessions before "worn" and "dry" patches appeared. Sent an email to Firewire and response within a day. It is now back with Firewire at Currumbin. I have been assured that it will be laminated or replaced with newer version that has more resin. I do not know if they are now using a layer of cloth or not. I have a TT spitfire with the new glossier finish and it has passed the 10 surf session mark and looks okay and feels smooth and silky. It seems that this has happened to a few (I am being polite it is their website) BUT they are resolving the problem so you can complain about not using the board but at least the problem will be fixed. Try that with other board companies or shapers! I have just ordered a submoon (making 3 timber teks in the quiver) so I am still a fan of the technology.
          I've been surfing Firewire's exclusively for the last 8 years, and there is a reason for that. They make an amazing product and have stellar customer service. I've already been put in contact with someone at Firewire, and we have been emailing back and forth regarding the situation. I am confident the issue will be resolved, this company knows how to take care of its customers.

Thanks for the post though, good to know that they are taking care of it!

Comment

My TT Unibrow that the hot coat was wearing off was replaced by Firewire. I have ordered a TT 7'6' submoon based on faith in technology and a company that stands behind its product! The response to problem has been excellent.
            Wavechaser I hope your problem is solved as quickly as mine.

Comment

Josh, is there anyone else at Firewire I can contact? I emailed Chris Cary and we conversed a few times via email, but I haven't heard from him in almost 2 weeks. I've tried both calling and emailing and haven't heard anything. I would really like to get this issue resolved before the board deteriorates any more.

Comment

• Josh BL
                Josh BL commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi wavechaser. I'm sure he is actively working to figure out how to handle the situation, but I will shoot him an email to check on the status.

- Firewire Intern Josh
            Working...
            X