Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TechnoGrain Baked Potato from Sydney Shop

Hi,

Picked up a brand new Baked Potato from a Sydney shop this afternoon. Owner assured me its from a new unproblematic batch. However getting home i noticed the board actually says 'TechnoGrain' and not TimberTEK.

Previously had a TimerTEK board that had missing coat in one location. This TechnoGrain board seem to be coated all around but instead have tiny 'bubbles' in the area around the nose. Is this normal and should I be worried that i was sold a new 'TechnoGrain' board .. do they hold up better then the first version of TimberTEK ?

Thanks!!

TechnoGrain boards were the very first batch, so either something special happened to your board along the way, or it's the first version without the 2nd topcoat

Comment

To be clear TechnoGrain was renamed TimberTek (due to license), it's at least a year old.

Comment

Does it mean it has the same coat as the early TimberTEK I had before? Or did the problems start to occur first after the boards got renamed to TimberTEK?

Comment

Just want to add the board has a very smooth finish (and not rough one like someone described the early TimberTek)

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            It won't have the heavy coat of the current TimberTek but it sounds like it had a decent coat on it. Personally I prefer the feel of the early ones with a thin coat. Only good if they hold up though.
        Working...
        X