X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimberTek Problem

Alright so I bought a 5'6" TT Spitfire about a month ago and I took it out about 6-7 times. About the 5th session I noticed a bunch of uniform dots appearing near my nose and rails. I thought nothing of them as I could not feel them when I ran my finger over them. On my last session I dropped into a nice 2-3 foot pipe and it swallowed me and my board. I had my board in hand and am sure it did not touch the sand. When I rose and got on my board I had noticed the tip had buckled and a crack ran along the top of my board as you can see in the pictures. There is a factor I must be missing because it cant be possible that it cracked my tip from that little wave. I took great care of this board and it was a new board everytime I swam out. I noticed small abrasions on my board near the fin box and also on rails and near the tip. Let me know if anyone has similar issues. Hopefully I can get this mistake resolved.

P.S. The color on the 3rd photo is just bad lighting.

That had to hit something for sure. At least it's an easy repair. Get it fixed enjoy!

Comment

Yeah in my opinion to snap there it would have to have dug into the bottom

Comment

The tide was high and the depth was around 6-7ft. I can assure you it didn't touch the sand, when the pipe closed on me I had my board in hand and emerged the same way you would duck dive.

Comment

I will e-mail him. Thank you for the responses.

Comment

Working...
        X