X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delivery ding

this is my new BP, dinged by the carrier 'Tuffnells', bunch of useless unspeakables that they are. anyway, how would one go about having this repaired, and who in the UK can do that sort of repair?

i'm not naming the shop as i'm waiting on their response. they know the box had marks on it when i signed for it as damaged earlier today. consider this a 'what if' sort of question.

can't see the photo but it sucks that your board was damaged in transit. as far as repairs, check out Lee Cox at Ding Devils near Barnstaple. he does amazing repair work but as a result he is very busy so it won't be a quick turn around.
    if it's a fairly simple repair you can use some wood filler which you can colour match and then glass over with a fibreglass patch.

Comment

maybye the image needs approved or something?

Comment

maybe, it's just showing up as a ? to me

Comment

I've also been trying to upload some photos as well. Only 100KB in size in either png or jpeg format & it also just shows "?"
          Can anyone @Phill explain what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

I would get some waterproof exterior putty in matching colour - fill and smooth off, sand then apply thin coat of epoxy resin or solar cure. Sand carefully so as to feather in the edges. Work through grades then cutting cream and finally a coat of non abrasive car wax. Putty solvents should not be a problem unless foam is exposed. This is what I have done for small dings in the past - so far no big ones with TT - touch wood!!!!!!

Comment

the shop are taking it back as i expected, so a moot issue. and of course the weather systems are lining up nicely.

Comment

Exactly same happened to my baked in September. Tuffnells delivered it. Loads of holes in box like someone had been attacking it with a stick. Was a real pain as I also had to send it back and then wait for new delivery.

Comment

Can't get a delivery company that employs people who show respect for a surfboard? What sort of country are you living in??

Comment

Originally posted by jambo View Post
                    Can't get a delivery company that employs people who show respect for a surfboard? What sort of country are you living in??
                    makes you wonder, eh? it creates needless faff.

Comment

so i got my 'new' board yesterday, and this one made it through transit. except it looks like i've been sent the original damaged board after repair. there's a suspiciously dark spot in the location of the ding on the first board, and the surface of the deck is dulled around that area as if it had been sanded.

and the grain matches in the photos. does this sound like fraud to anyone else?

Comment

I don't know if it's "fraud", but it is the same board. That wood grain - and location of the ding - is a perfect match. Don't suppose you got the serial number on the original board?

Comment

no i didn't, sadly. kicking myself now. in the UK this falls under 'misrepresentation' in that they sold it to me as a new board, without disclosing that it is actually the originally damaged-then-repaired one. shady stuff.

Comment

• Phill
                            Phill commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Tricky one. I don't know how this would be handled. The dealer would have sent out the original board as new. The courier damaged it and depending on whether their insurance covered a repair or replacement would dictate what you'd get.
                            If it was repaired and you incurred no cost I imagine that's all they'd have to do, as much as it sucks for your new board.
                            Maybe I'm wrong.
                            On the plus, it looks like a tiny ding, it happened dry, it's been repaired properly and it's not going to affect how the board rides.
                            Unless it was bought as a wall hanger I'd just wax it up and enjoy it. It is a surfboard after all and dings will happen at some point.

If it really bothers you then give them hell for a replacement or refund, or some kind of discount if you're happy with that.

hah, expensive wall hanging! pretty though.
                          maybe i'm being unrealistic, but for nearly 600 i was expecting better.

Comment

• Phill
                            Phill commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah I'd say you should be able to haggle a discount or a replacement board if you aren't happy with the condition of that one.

well i'm getting 5% refund and lots of apologies.

Comment

Working...
                          X