X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple repair question

I have a very small section just above the fin box approx 1cm square where the coating seems to have peeled off and has exposed the raw timber laminate. I suspect this is from impact whilst in transit flying back from holidays. Luckily I noticed it before I went surfing!

So my question is do you think I can get away with jus smearing some epoxy resin to re seal or do I need to put some cloth over it as well?

I'm trying to keep it simple and get away from doing any sanding to retain the beautiful aesthetics of this board.

Thanks Bromigo's!

Goanna I had a similar problem from a scrape in transit on the deck following advice from some one on this forum i gave the affected area a very light sand to rough it up then put a dab of expoxy on the area to patch and covered it with glad wrap stretched tight when it went off I just peeled the glad wrap off and it left a smooth surface no extra sanding required worked a treat.

Comment

Thanks Oneal - I'll give it a go!

Comment

I sealed a bit on mine by rubbing in some epoxy with a clean rag and it pretty much soaked in, matched perfectly and required no sanding etc at all. It was literally just a sand through on the hotcoat though and no damage.

Comment

Working...
        X