X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tt vs fst weight

Which is heavier, the new timber tech or FST. Have 1st Gen technograin 5'1 BP and love how light it is, much lighter than FST. How does the new timbertech compare?

TT is still a touch lighter than FST I'd say, though some fst boards are really light. My old 6'4 FST Flexfire was the lightest FW I've had... The paulownia skins still give that more sparky feel than the corecell skins though IMO.

Comment

thanks phill, 5'4" TT potatonator it is then. have one in FST that is my favorite board ever, but getting a new one and would like to try it in a different tech.

Comment

Phill, the timbertek is noticeably heavier than the FST. I own two identical Double Agents, 6'4, one in FST and the other in TT. Couldn't help myself when I saw the TT model. Anyway, brought them both out recently, my buddy used the FST, when loading back into the car at the end of the session it was plainly clear the FST was lighter, maybe by a pound or so overall. Additionally, the performance characteristics are different. The TT is not quite as snappy as the FST, but close. I'm okay with though, TT doesn't get heel dings, FST does, I prefer my boards to not look like golfballs after a few uses. :)

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          The one I had was the old, minimal glassing so lighter. The lighter glassing also gave it a livelier feel.

I'd like to get a definitive answer on this. I plan to weigh a couple of 6'2 unibrows at the shop soon. Anyone else have any objective data?

Comment

They are quite comparable in weight.

Comment

Held both up earlier tonight and could not tell the difference. Good to know.

Snagged a TT Uni :)

Comment

Working...
            X