X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow - From Dan Mann

Designer Dan Mann explains, “The UNIBROW has roots in a design I've been riding as my regular short board, mixed with what I've learned from designing and riding the Dominator, Sweet Potato and Potato-Nator. The outline curve is compressed from a regular shortboard without sacrificing the width needed to maximize paddling and planing speed.

The goal was to design a very high-performance shortboard that didn't feel too ‘bulky’ in good surf when you can ride something other than a groveler. The rail profile is dropped and very sensitive, especially through the tail. The bottom has an aggressive single concave that starts in the nose, carries through the deep spot forward of the fins and splits into a subtle double concave that then directs the water flow to the inside of the front fins”.

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/su...oardid=unibrow

Good one Chris!

I've had this board at 6'4" with me at 90kg for a month or two now. I love it. It's definitely my default board choice.

Comment

@Chris, when is the TT unibrow expected to be release? Released same time as Baked and Spit or end of the year?

ALOHA!!

Comment

its out

Comment

Just got a 6'6" Unibrow in Techno Grain (timber tek) - too nice to wax and ride but sanity prevailed and it is brilliant! A thing of beauty!!!! So light - make PU boards and surftechs seem heavy. The Unibrow is direct and positive on waves (only up to one metre at this stage). This is my first Firewire after several years on epoxy boards as I was sick of PU boards lasting six months so I'll be interested in this board's longevity - no good being environmental if they do not last. So far so good!

Comment

Jambo, I'm thinking about buying the 6'6. What do you weigh? I'm 6'4 100kg/220lbs.

Comment

Egorian, I weigh about 88Kg but the years weigh more heavily on me at 53 ! So I have gone to top of volume according to calculator. I also ride 6'8" Wayne Lynch and 6'3" channel island biscuit but I thick they might be for the 2nd hand racks after 3 sessions on unibrow. Deck is very domed so you get a fine rail and although2 and7/8" thick it is only in middle so no where near volume of other Firewire Hybrids at that length. Depending on age/fitness 6' 8" although getting long for snappy little beachies. Hope that helps. Timber - tek/ techno grain is beautiful to look at - if it lasts it will be worth the money!!!!

Comment

Thanks Jambo, I'm 38 and surf beachies in Florida and this board will be more for CR, PR, VI. I'm set on the 6'6. I have 6'4PN which is 47vl, wish I'd got 6'2 or 6'
                Last edited by Egorian; 05-29-2013, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Dan is the Mann! I love all his boards!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                  X