X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow size guide

Just thought I would kick-off a size guide thread for the Unibrow. I'm keen on the board and curious to see what sizes people are riding before I decide on a size.
    Template below for the Unibrow riders. Feel free to add a category if it is relevant:

What are you riding?

Board size:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Ability:
    Happy with the size?:
    Comments:

Board size: 6'4"
    Height: 177cm
    Weight: 90kg approx
    Ability: Intermediate
    Happy with the size?: Yes
    Comments:Great board for small to medium days. If Occy surfed on Firewires this would be his small wave board. Just sayin'.

Comment

Board size: 5'10
      Height: 5'11
      Weight: 165
      Ability: inter/adv
      Happy with the size?: i think so
      Comments:haven't ridden it yet bc of work/life + crappy waves but it passes the under arm test for sure.. will update this when i get a opportunity

Comment

Board size: 60
        Height: 6ft 2
        Weight: 75kg
        Ability: intermediate
        Happy with size: yes
        Comments: if I was getting in the water more often I could definately have gone smaller. Very smooth board. Perfect board for everyday conditions to fit between groveller and HPSB/step up.

Comment

Board size: 510
          Height: 5'11
          Weight: 80kg
          Ability: Int/Adv
          Happy with the size?: Yeah feels chunky up front at first but helps to make it a good paddler. nice shape.
          Comments: still fairly new but so far so good. good all rounder, loving it!

Comment

Board size: ??? 6'6 or 6'8??
            Height: 6'4
            Weight: 100kg
            Ability: Int/Adv
            Comments: Help. I have 6'4 PN and probably should of got 6 or 6'2

Comment

6'6" should be fine. If you're feeling cautious though go 6'8".

Comment

Board size : 5'11

height 5'10

weight 175lbs

comments: second time on the Unibrow in headhigh reef this board feels amazing great paddle ability ans sooo fluid. step up for the Dominator for sure! Cant wait to ride it again!!

Comment

6'6" Techno grain
                  height 5'9"
                  weight 85kgs
                  age 53 ( surfing for over 40 of them)
                  Just off 6'8'' Lynch surftech and this unibrow feels very good in 3 foot beach break - need to try it in bigger waves with grunt. I do like a thicker board but Unibrow has domed deck and so very fine rails for 2 7/8 thick. I usually ride 2 3/4 and a little narrower. So far I am really pleased although I've not ridden it as thruster or in overhead.

Comment

Board size: 5'10
                    Height: 5'9
                    Weight: 80kg
                    Happy with the size?: yes
                    Comments: scored big time buying this board, had been looking for one for weeks but all shops sold out and not able to get stock for about 6 weeks. Popped into one last Saturday and there it was on the second hand rack. Had been returned the day before after being ridden once by a guy who bought a size too big. Got $300 off the new price and already had a tail pad fitted, so really about $350 saved. Super stoked.

Only had a few waves so need a bit more time to really dial it in. Last weekend was perfect in Sydney so naturally every man and his dog was in the water, was out for 4 hours and caught about 4 waves and got dropped in on every time.

Today went up north a bit, looked good from the top of the cliff and was only a few guys out. Realised why when I was halfway out, it was about double overhead and absolutely unleashing on a shallow bank. out my of league for this board as a quad and current water fitness, so sat and watched some guys cop beatings then caught a tiny one in.

Going to try and ditch the crowds next weekend to get the wave count up, will report back with further findings.
                    Last edited by walkingdisaster; 05-26-2013, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Board: 6'6 FST Height: 6'8 Weight: 108kg Happy : Demo Spent a lot of time demoing this board (way more than any other) board paddles better than the volume suggests. Board grovels better than expected also (due to paddle power IMO). I was coming down from 6'4 PN and 6'8 flyer tuflite. Uni destroys the tuffy on all levels except for fin release after an aggressive hack (probably fin related). Best quad I've ridden in a long time and goes great as a thruster too. I could surf into the 6'6 but I'm going to go 6'8. (rails the same and on the really big stuff 1.5x OH I hope it will feel a little more comfy. ) Used to be sold on a 3 board quiver (east coast AU), but now I'm thinking I can go down to 2 as the uni extends the bottom and top limits so much for me. You would want something with a touch more rocker for the heavier reef breaks, but the tail is thin enough to really hold with the odd fin change. Honestly just demo one, my guess is most people will be happy at the bottom end of the volume calculator guidelines.

Comment

okay so i found a sweet deal on one of these. however it's a 6'2 , i was going to pick one up in the 6.0 6.1 range. is that extra inch going to throw me off at all?
                        i weigh 200lbs, 5'11" 20 years old. intermediate surfer, i have a spitfire 6.0 which is the pefect length in my opinion, and a 5,8 SP. please let me know what you guy think

Comment

i'd say you're ok.. sized mine up two inches from my dominator

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
                            i'd say you're ok.. sized mine up two inches from my dominator
                            great.. now i just have find one.. things are selling like hotcakes everywhere in SoCal

Comment

6'2" at 200lbs would be absolutely fine, even accounting for you being 20. I'm 47 and surf the 6'4" at the sane weight. I find that volume "just right", although feeling up a 6'2" I could still surf it, just with more effort. I'm guessing the 6'2" is 35 litres which is surely spot on for your weight and age.

Comment

Working...
                              X