Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6'0" Unibrow has slightly more than a litre LESS volume but the rails are finer due to domed deck. I put my 6'6" up against its Dominator cousin at same length and it was a lot finer in all dimensions. I have dropped from riding boards 3 to 4 inches longer for the Unibrow and yet I found Dominator in same length great in really small (mal or fish) waves excellent but too corky. Unibrow perfect in small and up to 5 or 6 foot so far. Both were 6'6" as I thought I could maybe get 6'4" but that is too small. According to calculator I am right on lower limit for age and ability. I was tempted to upsize but I am glad I didn't. I don't think you'll go wrong with Unibrow at 6'. We are same weight BUT I probably carry a lot more years at 54!

Comment

• Phill
      Phill commented
      Editing a comment
      I checked out a Unibrow at the weekend. I was surprised just how refined the rails were. It seemed like the most foiled out 2"3/8 on any Firewire since the Flexfire and Taj going by the visible width of the balsa.

Board size: 5' 10"
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 76kg
    Ability: Int
    Happy with the size?: Yep
    Comments:

Been procrastinating about this one for a while now. What size and what did I want it to do? Eventually found a 2nd hand 510 which is in line with my 508 Dom. I was originally concerned with the 2.5" thickness of this model but it's not really a problem. The board's perfect size for me, in fact it's probably the best daily driver I've ever bought, I can see it replacing my Dom & Activator in time too so I'll recover the cost of buying one easy.

What I really dig about the board is the refinement through the tail it gives a strong connection between the the fins and your feet, A Dominator but better, a fantastic board. Just need more waves once we get through this dismal summer.

Comment

Board size: 5' 6"
      Height: 5' 6"
      Weight: 150 lbs
      Ability: Int/Adv
      Happy with the size?: Sure am
      Comments: I fell in love with my UB. From 2-3ft slop with the Quad fin setup it grovels with the best of them giving me ampel speed through the flat sections but also feeling super loose allowing me to slide the tail out. Also handles extremely well in head to over head surf with the tri fin setup. Not to much volume so I can duck it nice and deep if yah caught inside on that clean up set. Havent got to surf it in well overhead surf yet , still waiting on that hurricane swell to hit the outerbanks. But overall I am extremely pleased with the performance of UB.

Comment

If the 6'0"Dom felt too big then you'd be looking no longer than that length in a UB. It does seem low volume for your weight but if you like it, great.

Comment

Board size: 5'9"
          Height: 5'9"
          Weight: 170lb, 77KG
          Ability: Intermediate
          Happy with the size?: Yes, so far
          Comments: Finally after a 2 month wait for the board plus a 3 week flat spell, I finally got to ride my Unibrow this morning in 2-3 foot beachies. Wasn't the best surf but enough to provide some comment. Coming off a 5'8" Hellfire, two words come to mind in comparing the Unibrow, smooth and predictable. I haven't found the speed in the board yet like others but I think that is just a foot adjustment for me and some playing with fins. The volume is perfect, not too much when paddling into a steeper face and just enough to get over a fat section to make the next face. The TimberTek looks and feels good, great work Firewire!
          Once I get a few more varied rides I'll add an update. I have a point I love to surf so can't wait to see how it goes there.

Comment

i should have went 5'9... but it might work out that my 5'10 works great in full winter gear so we'll c.. next board might be a 5'10 chubby for light rubber seasons

Comment

Sorry, should have added that I am surfing Qld, Australia, so no full winter gear for me (boardies and vest) or I would be going up a size or two, so you are probably on the money kdropin if you are around the same size.

Comment

no i think i def needed a smaller one if i'm riding in light rubber.. almost spitting hairs though

Comment

Working...
                X