X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow vs Hellfire

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a potatonator which has become my go to board for everything San Diego and south OC has had to offer up this past month and a half. After riding the potatonator in some 4' + surf I could clearly see how this might not be my best board when the size gets big... To better supplement my quiver, what are you thoughts on the hellfire vs the Unibrow? I would be looking in the 6'8" to 6'10" range. Thanks for your thoughts!

I've got a UB and used to surf a hellfire. Had some really good waves on the hellfire but had a marmite relationship with it. Found it was either awesome or hard work. It ripped in surf with some juice but needed a heavy back foot to make it come to life through turns. Because of the inconsistent quality of waves I surf I decided to swap it. Now onto the UB. Not had it that long but so far it's going good and seems alot more consistent for me. Not had great surf to test it in yet but it seems a better all rounder than the HF in the junk. I really like the Dom and got on with it since day one. One if the best performance boards I've had and certainly the most fun. Hopefully the UB will extend that Dom feeling into bigger surf. For you i think both boards will cover the wave range your after but it may come down to personal preference as both are great boards!

Comment

Thanks mrees, where on the volume calculator are you with the Unibrow? Did you go for the lesser number?

Comment

mrees, a rounded pin is better than a diamond tail IMHO. From what im hearing, people love it here in Hawaii.

ALOHA!!

Comment

I am 35yrs, int/adv, average fitness, 80kg. My Dom is a 5'8 and my UB is a 5'10. I realise there's quite a bit of overlap but they cover the waves I surf perfectly with an easy transition and as little complication as possible. I think some people are replacing their Doms with the UB and that was my intention but I just can't let go of my Dom as I have way too much fun on it. I also find the UB to be high performance enough for my needs and it suits the waves I surf well. Hawaii boy totally agree with the round tails. I love the way they smoothed out my turns and made my surfing more flowing. GREAT boards!

Comment

Working...
          X