Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out some fin suppliers on line and you will find sets with 5 all matched so remove 1 insert 2 and thruster becomes quad. However, I like my BP as a quad and the unibrow as a thruster in punchier waves. It can become too "scientific" with different fin setups when really the waves are much more critical to a board or surfers performance. You can spend a session in and out changing fin setup etc while a guy in the line up just adjusts his foot pressure on turns to fit conditions. Very few of us and I include myself can push equipment that hard that we reach its limit.
    Slipping out in turns is often caused by chop when the board is on the rail and has limited fin contact with water. Yes, those dreadful plastic fins can sometimes flex caused the board to bump or skip but stiffer glass or carbon are all reliable. I am old enough to remember surfing before FCS and Futures skinned us for fins and you got what was on there usually one or two until big Simon (should be Saint Simon) made surfing reasonably easy with the thruster set up. I now have a box of fins 3d, Al Merrick, Dahlbergs, YSU and they follow me around doing nothing. I think that the FIN SCAM might be a superannuation fund for pro surfers. Just get 5 that look pretty and go with that!

Comment

Thanks for those wise words Jambo!

Comment

Working...
      X