X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni fins?

What FCS fins do you guys recommend for the Uni? Quad setup.

only rode mine as a thruster... pc5 and k2.1's like the k's better

Comment

Thruster for me also. Parko Kinetic Racing Fins.

Comment

Kinetic parko quads. Awesome fins.

Comment

• Alleyehave
          Alleyehave commented
          Editing a comment
          walkingdisaster. Just bought some KR Parko quads...haven't rode them yet though. You obviously like them ,what conditions do they excel in? Your stats? also have you tried them with a knubster?

H3 Nexus quad setup works pretty good for me on the weaker days, I also run Shapers YU fins as a thruster for better days.

Comment

• walkingdisaster
          walkingdisaster commented
          Editing a comment
          madprof, are you running the medium or large H3s in the front?

• madprof
          madprof commented
          Editing a comment
          walkingdisaster - H3 mediums for me (approx 76kg), they work really well for me. I often use the thruster H3 as a smaller centre fin when running larger, more raked back fins on the side, that's had really good results on my 601 HZ.

Hey Alleyehave, I'm 5'10 85kg and riding a 5'10 unibrow. I've been using the parko quads mainly in anything under shoulder height (have ridden them a couple times in overhead too, but would usually switch to a thruster as you don't need as much drive from the fins to get speed). I tried them once with a nubster but I didn't particularly like it, felt that it tightened it up too much. Nubster may work if you were riding in overhead conditions, but I'd choose my vanguard in overhead every time. The thing I like about the parko quads is that the trailers are a lot smaller compared to many other quad set ups I've seen, keeps everything nice and loose.

Comment

Can I get some info on what Futures fins you guys are riding on the UB? Any one on a 6'4. I've got Simon 5 fin set and tried thruster and quad. Today I tried Simon fronts and Quad controllers rears and liked it a little better so I'm thinking maybe some more upright fins might work like WCT. Lots of good reviews generally on AM2 and I think I should stick with bigger fins. Are you guys leaning towards flexy or stiff on the timbertek UB, long base or short, raked or upright. Couple of guys mention Kinetic Parko and Shapers Quad so I'll check them online. Any other good experiences on UB TT would be great. Thanks

Comment

Riding a 6'6" TT Unibrow and using scarfini large in Quad on beaches and thruster for bigger or point break waves. I always found changing fins on 5 set up was problem so opted for same fins as 3 or 4 set up so board performance is similar - hate wasting time changing fin set up and the adjusting to the change. I would love to try it with MR twins and some small trailers but a tub of fin options is just another distraction!

Comment

Working...
            X