X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow Dominator replacement?

Aloha everyone. My first Firewire several years ago was a Dominator. I used that board up until earlier this year when I finally retired it and gave it to my son. (Who justbroke it half!!) Anyway, im looking for a small wave board replacement and to me, it seems that the Unibrow is basically a more refined Dom. Looking for a board from knee to head high, dont really need a groveler. I do want a board that is more shortboard and doesnt have that full on hybrid feel. Does the Unibrow sound like the right board for me?

100% yes.

Comment

Well I pulled the trigger and bought a 6 4 FST Unibrow. Off this weekend and some swell expected, so expect some reviews. (Hopefully good ones)

Comment

Hey Hanalei, Were you able to take the UB out? Curious what you think?

Comment

Aloha zgott. Regarding the Unibrow, its a good board. Very user friendly and quick learning curve to figure it out. I do feel its more of a flowing, carving type of ride, perfect for point breaks. When compared to my CIS New Flyer (Swallow tail) its not as quick off the top as the Flyer. But I do like the way it feels on a cutback. It fills that niche when the waves are down the line and I can connect my turns. It definitely has a place in my quiver, though I must say, my Hellfire is still my favorite all around board in my Firewire arsenal.
          6 4 Unibrow
          6 6 Hellfire
          6 8 Alternator

Comment

Working...
          X