Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow compared to Chedda?

Hi guys,
    Looking for anyone who has ridden both Unibrow and the Chubby Chedda? I am interested in how a Unibrow performs compared to a Chedda ( riding, paddling) etc.?
    I have the Chedda in a 5'8 and thinking of swapping it for a 5'8 Unibrow for a bit more volume. I ride a 5'10 Bourez(thin) and I find it paddles better than the Chedda even though the Chedda has more volume. My Bourez is 25.8 litres and the 5'8 Uni I am looking at is 27.5 litres.
    Any info would be a big help...........Thanks Stoop.

i was thinking about going the other way.. uni for the chedda.. interested in others comments

Comment

The CC is my go-to shortboard for most days in SoCal, and through much experience with it, I have found that it favors the back-footed surfer. Getting your back foot on the tail will really get that board going fast down the line - even when the waves are only 2-3ft. I do not have much time logged on the UB, but if you like your MB, I would think you would prefer the CC over the UB... As far as paddling, I think the CC paddles great. Everyone has different preferences, though, so if you're not a fan of the CC, you shouldn't force yourself to like it. Can you demo the UB so you can see how it compares?

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Thanks for the input Josh.
        I am tossing up between the 5'8 Unibrow or the 5'9 Chubby, both are 27.5 litres I think? I am leaning more towards the Uni because it is 2 inches shorter than my Bourez at 5'10. With the Chubby only being an inch shorter than my Bourez, I think I would prefer the length to vary slightly more for those waist to head conditions. Rather than both boards being almost the same length.

Comment

• Josh BL
          Josh BL commented
          Editing a comment
          The good news is both boards will work well in those conditions, so if you prefer the 2 inches shorter than go for the UB!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Hey Kdropin,
        Can I ask why you are keen to swap from the Uni to the Chedda?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoop-a-loop View Post
          Hey Kdropin,
          Can I ask why you are keen to swap from the Uni to the Chedda?
          couple reasons..(i will be keeping the uni though) i really loved my last board that was forward outline with xcelerated tail kick.. works great in beach breaks around here being able to stomp the tail to do turns in a tight pocket.. want to go back to a squash tail.i love my hellrazor but don't like the length. i went a lil too big on the uni.. so i'll keep the uni for when i want more ease of paddling during the winter and probably ride it at this one point that is by me.. but was looking at the chedda as good beach break daily driver when the waves are decent around here (waist to head)

Comment

Kdropin - The CC is a perfect daily driver in my opinion - especially in that range that you're talking about. Great in beach breaks where you need to generate a lot of speed to get down the line and execute quick maneuvers.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Can anyone tell me how the chedda and the Unibrow compare rail wise? Which board would have the more chunky rails?

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                Chedda would. I was surprised how refined the Unibrow rails are.

Thanks for the reply Phill. How does the hellfire compare to the chedda in the rails?
              I am looking for a bit more volume than my 5'8 chedda @ 26.8litres. Tossing up whether to go a 5'9 chedda @ 27.5litres, 5'8 Uni @27.5litres, or a 5'8 Hellfire @ 27.2litres? I also ride a 5'10 thin Bourez @ 25.8 which I really like.

Comment

Working...
              X