X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'4" or 6'2" ?????

Ok I demoed a 6'4" Uni on the weekend at the Goldy, 2ft lumpy Beachie and had an absolute ball, Caught pretty much every wave I paddled for took late drops with ease, went on rail so easily with plenty of hold, I was frothing like a grom the whole session and still am!! I just love the Uni, it will be my go to board from now on and my Potatonator will be my small wave mush board. My question is after a good 3 hour session I still felt fresh in the arms the uni seemed to paddle like a dream even with the chop, should I order the 6'4" or go for the 6'2" ??? My Stats 91Kg 6'1" just turned 52

IF you enjoyed the 604, why would you change it? Your height and weight makes me think 604, and the fact you caught so many waves, fealt fresh, and had a ball confirms this for me.

As a comparison i'm 98kg and would ride a 606.

Comment

I know what you mean justo, I just wonder will I see a performance difference if I go the 6'2" or will it be so negligible I won't notice it?

Comment

I think you will notice the performance difference. But I also think you'd notice the paddling too. Toss up I guess. Performance or waves...

Comment

Sorry but i can't help in your doubt . Could you please tell me what size of potatonator you have? Thanks and good luck with your choice!!!!

Comment

I was in a similar predicament and went with the 6'2, couldn't be happier.
            Use it as my everyday go to board, have a potato for the smaller (sub 2ft) days, and a Mayhem F1 for the bigger stuff, soon to add an FST Tomo into the mix.
            I'm 6'2, 89 kg, 40 yrs old, intermediate surfer with about 5 yrs experience.
            Love the board, so fast and loose, catches waves easily, best board i've owned to date.
            To be fair though they are pretty close in volume, i think you'll be happy either.
            Depending on what else you have in your quiver the 6'2 may extend the top range a little.

Comment

I'd go with what you know. I'm 48 yoa at 90kg and use the 6'4" UB with no regrets. On the under arm test between the 6'4" and 6'2" there wasn't an awful lot of difference. I surf a 35 litre FireWire as well as my 37 litre UB and while I don't notice tge volume difference when surfing, I do when catching a wave. The slightly higher volume board gets into the wave just a fraction of a second earlier, which is needed nowadays

Comment

Sorry, I have just seen in your profile that you have de 6.0 Potatonator I have the 602 and with your post i can imagine what uni works for me Cheers, this forum is great!!!!

Comment

Buzzy layed awake last night and came to the same conclusion so Thanks. Just pulled the trigger and ordered my 6'4" Uni I'm already frothing!!!

Comment

I have a 6 4 UB. Im 48, 210 lbs. LOVE my UB. I would say if the 6 4 feels good, 2 inches wont make a huge difference. The more I ride this board, the more I love it. Really a magic board. Stoked!!

Comment

Working...
                    X