X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another UB sizing question

I'm 6'0 and 155ish. I'd say between intermediate and advanced level.
    I'm currently riding a 5'6 spit fire and I think its just too much volume for me at 28.5L. I'm i'm worried that 5'6 is too small for my height and i should get the 5'8.

I'm fine with the 5'6 spit length wise but it has a lot flatter rocker and i'm worred the UB's rocket won't like my my wider stance.
    Any opinions on how short is too short?

This will be my primary board in Orange County, CA as i mostly surf newport or huntington beach breaks. I don't plan on ridding it bigger than 1.5 head high.

I guess if your stance is OK on your Spitfire then 5' 6 works for you lengthwise. The UB has a pretty leaned out tail so it will still be responsive and the rocker is quite nice too so it's easy to get it pointing up the face of a wave. Perhaps a 5' 8 will fit in nicely if you are using it for better waves i.e. more rail line?

Comment

will the 5'6 timbertek 25l of volume feel different than a 25l in an FST. I know people say that the timberteks are lighter which would mean more float vs the same volume in an heavier board? I'm leaning toward the 5'8 as i'm offloading my spitfire, and to get a new unibrow. Hopefully down the line i'll be able to pick up a baked potato and just stick to a 2 board quiver.

Comment

I pulled the trigger on a 5'6 TT unibrow. Its a tad small for those bigger days but I guess i'm trying to go with a three board quiver. Baked potato, unibrow, ____ some sort of HP SB for those really clean big days.

I'll report back after i take the unibrow out tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
        X