Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My good wave board is Unibrow 6'8" and 42 litres, Spitfire 6'4" about the same volume and submoon7' again volume around 42litres and all work well. I had a Merrick Biscuit 6'3" and 3"thick (great board) but only in small or weaker swells. I like volume and paddle power as my local break is often overcrowded so you get in early. Plus at 54 you do not have the power you had and so volumes increase to compensate.

Comment

How do you like the submoon

Comment

I haven't really had any waves other than very tired wind swells but it seemed a lot better than spitfire in the conditions - feet forward and it is Malibu but slide the foot back and it is a completely different board. So I hope to be able to comment in February when I have had some better waves. At present I am stuck in Hokkaido Japan with constant snow and only a Libtech 155 reverse camber to ride these snowy waves. I'll post about it later but have a read as there is a thread about them in the forum.

Comment

Love the Alternator. Under rated board. Its my go to board when the waves are firing!!

Comment

• core personal training
            Editing a comment
            yeah the alt (along with the flexy) is your tried and true "norm" board... but think of them as the average joe's taj and MB... i.e, ride the alt one notch down from your full on perfect wave board... otherwise it can be a handful... when ridden small enough for you to "dominate" it and get your rail in, it goes nuts..!!
        Working...
        X