X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New unibrow,!!!!, What fins

New unibrow....first surf in 2 foot ok beach break.....I think I really really liked it.!! My question ....I put old plastic m7 fcs fins thruster in them and it did feel a bit stiff. Saying that I've just got off 6 months straight of surfing on a baked potato with controllers. Was wondering what fin set up for a 6'6 unibrow. 40 year old, 92 kilos, ?. Liked the speed, want it looser though Thanks

Riding 6'8" Unibrow (used to have 6'6" Unibrow) and use scarfini large in 3 and 4 fin set up. Tried mediums in scarfinis in quad and liked it on for smaller waves. It is a big board and at 92kgs you don't want to overpower the fins. Quad mediums will give you the speed and loose feel but I favour 3 big fins in juice.

Comment

Thanks jambo....I'll check them out

Comment

I've tired quad and thruster, and I'm definitely liking it more as a quad.

Comment

I use the Kinetic Racing Parko fins and K3's in just about everything.

Comment

PS 6'4" UB and I'm 90kg or so.

Comment

I'm running Rusty R2 quad setup 6' 4" Uni 90kg

Comment

Anything is better than plastic fins!!

Comment

Do you guys have anymore recommendations on quad setups? I have been using the futures mulcoy setup, and liked it but was trying to figure out how to add a little bit more drive while keeping the ability to turn pretty easy. I changed out the rears to futures qd 4.2 and it had good drive but the board felt real "tracky" and hard to turn.

Comment

Can't really help you there. I'm a thruster guy and just put in some QPX trailers when using a board as a quad (to add speed in smaller waves).

Comment

I am the same - really not tuned into quads although I will ride them on smaller days. I also feel that they seem to track at times on backhand but maybe that is my slowly fading surfing ability! I ride as a thruster as big as I can and quads are smaller. I did have a set of quad fins by Stretch and liked them but they were FCS and unibrow isn't!!!! Try to find a shop with try before you buy fins as there is nothing worse than wasting money and then trying to get rid of the things on ebay!!!

Comment

The surf store that sold the board to me, has a pretty cool manager, and he let me borrow a couple sets of fins to check out, and gave some good recommendations.
                        I ended up buying the EA Blackstix. I used those as the front and the Mulcoy for the rears. Went out today in small stuff, windy and choppy. Really liked them felt perfect.
                        Can't wait to start getting south swells again, and take it out in some good surf.

Comment

Working...
                        X