X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow vs hashtag

The outline of these boards seems so similar. An equally volumed uni is a bit shorter than the hashtag, but aside from that what is the difference in performance and ideal wave type/size?

I was looking at the website today and asked myself the same question. The tail on the HashTag looks narrower and the wide point looks a bit more forward. So I was thinking that maybe it can cover a bigger/punchier wave, but then the description talks about the lowered the rocker.

I've been loving my Unibrow lately in this latest head-high-and-half swell. But I can't really handle the first turn. I'm just holding on to get down the line a bit, and then the board opens up. I was thinking about how nice it would be have the exact same board but just a bit narrower.

Comment

The Hashtag, compared to the Unibrow, is much more refined. There is a nice thickness underfoot but that volume tapers towards the rail. This makes the Hashtag way more sensitive. It also has a little more nose and tail rocker along with a step in the rail. Overall, the Hashtag has a sharper turning radius, higher performance, and a tendency to like slightly better waves.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Without actually seeing one yet and going of Josh BL's description I can imagine the Hashtag would be a great next board up from the Unibrow when waves get more critical - much the same way the MD is
        Last edited by Goanna; 01-29-2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

I like that description Josh. Thanks.

Comment

yet nev lists it as a waist to oh board..... unibrow is listed as a chest to oh board.. i like the look of the hashtag

Comment

Working...
            X