X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow as a step-up?

Similar question as the one earlier given but going to Indo for 3 weeks and was looking for a step up board. I'm 5'9" 215 lbs and would consider my level to be beginner/Intermediate. I'm drawn to the Unibrow and have gotten comfortable with wider boards. Let me know what you think? Model and size?

Hey hale, I recently got a unibrow 5'6 as my main board, I'm 5'6 and 140lb. Few things you need to know first. With this board less volume doesn't mean less paddle power. Use the volume calculator and try to go with the lowest volume you feel comfortable with. The round pin tail and thin rails are ideal for indo waves. I like how I can lock my rails in the face of the wave without pearling but I still need to step back in the tail so it's like I'm taking the board to its limit. That being said you might want to try a mini driver since the tail is a little narrower. You can still take a unibrow but be prepared to be stepping on the tail most of the time in the pockets. Hope this helps.

Comment

For indo I would go minidriver. it's a barrel eating monster. Wider point forward more pulled in tail than the Uni. But I am bias as I ride one lol.

Comment

A good sized MD for sure. That tail just holds when things get critical.

Comment

Working...
        X