Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7'0"Unibrow vs. 7'2" Addvance?

Hello Everyone,

I am a 48 y.o. surfer who has surfed for over 20 years on and off. I normally surf a 7'2" Addvance (195 lbs, decent physical shape) in typical east coast (mid-Atlantic) conditions. I am ok with cutbacks and bottom turns and can go right and left but nothing flashy. Because of where I live I only get to surf 1x a month except for two trips a year to Costa Rica or occasionally Kauai. I will probably go to Nicaragua next. I am looking for a step-up board to challenge myself in overhead conditions, move to the next level, and try something different. Dont get me wrong I love the Addvance--it has opened up a whole new world of surfing possiblilities for me. I have an opportunity to buy a used 7'0" Unibrow and was wondering if people thought this would be too much of a change from my Addvance. I have lloked at the board comparing part of the firewire site and it seems that the two boards are very different. I do like the shape of the Unibrow. Good under the arm feel and it seems good and tough for surf travel (FST). I don't mind spending a few days each vacation trying to learn something new but don't want to be too ambitious in something that just isn't going to work unless I had more time to surf. Any advice you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X