X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni vs Nano

Has anyone ridden both a uni and a nano? I'm looking to create a 2 board quiver and I already have a spud. I'm looking for a 3-7 ft board for so cal conditions. Anyone have any experience with both of these?

I've used both boards. I own a unibrow and tried the nano in a demo day. They are both easy to paddle and fast (with the right fins) but I like the turns in the unibrow way more. It's pretty much the only factor that made me go with it. You live in southern Cali as well, you should try both in a demo.

Comment

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      So what was it about the turns on the Uni that were so much better? Can you elaborate? Would love to hear more.

It has to do with the shape of the tail. Round pin. It makes it very smooth for the turns. Also, t was kinda like a choppy day and it moved better through the water. But I have friends that swear by the nano. It's just not for me. That's why I think you should try both.

Comment

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll def try and demo, tough to find those boards in my size. I love what d Mann did with the potato so I'm already leaning towards the Uni but the nano looks like a rad design and I love what Tomo is doing pushing the conventional wisdom. Also the nano is my exact volume where the uni I'd have to choose to go up/down a bit from my preferred volume.

What's your weight and height?

Comment

6'4 220lb no wetsuit

Comment

The nano in your preferred volume would be shorter than the unibrow.

Comment

Working...
        X