X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a 5'10 Unibrow Timbertek

I just want to say, I took this board out in solid 6 foot faces in La Jolla Shores. Board is awesome. It's 5'10 19 1/2 and 2.5 thick, and I couldn't be happier. It's a five fin future set up, so I am going to play with the fins. I am renting a couple sets from Finatic. I am 6'1 and weigh 180 lbs. Intermediate/advanced surfer, what fins would you guys recommend? Right now I have a Future F8 set up as a thruster. I mainly surf Blacks, and La Jolla Shores, sometimes WindanSea. All over SD. What do you guys think? My size, board size, etc. Thank you :)

If it works for you and you're having fun, then perfect. In general, yes that sounds like the right size. Thrusters are a good setup for the spots you're surfing - punchy beach breaks where you want to be able to turn in the pocket. I always recommend the EA Blackstix or Machados. Those are my go-to Future thruster setup for most conditions in SD county. A lot of people on the forum would agree that these fins work very well with many of the FW models.

- FIJ

Comment

josh u ride the nano with the machado's yet? if so howd it go?

Comment

• Josh BL
        Josh BL commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet with the Nano, but plan on trying that combo out next week and can report back then.

I am really liking the AM2's and the tech flex Clay Marzo future fins right now on my Unibrow. Would probably go with something smaller in weaker surf though like the AM1 Blackstix.

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
        josh u ride the nano with the machado's yet? if so howd it go?
        yeah definitely report back on them.. trying to decide whether to go with futures or fcs2's... never used futures before but been wanting to try the machado's/blackstix for a while

Comment

Working...
        X