X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession of a firewireholic

Hey peps, I abandoned the firewire community for a while. I was venturing out there and trying other boards in more conventional construction materials, I even got a custom shaped standard fiberglass board from my friend, he's a famous shaper locally but I have to confess it just doesn't feel the same... Let me tell you why I tried to go for something other that firewires. My last fw purchase was a 5'6 unibrow in FST construction. Since that day surfing became 1000 more fun and addicting, it's like I found that perfect board, I could use it pretty much in every condition but one day this random guy in a regular fiberglass shortboard was trying to catch a wave i was already in and he tried to get out but couldn't so he literally got dumped over me and my board dented really bad and his board barely got any damage. I was pissed, he bought me solarez but it wasn't enough to calm my anger, I would just ask myself over and over how did my board get so damaged and his didn't? so my friend the shaper happened to be there in the line up and he told me he would fix it for free and he talked to me into ridding other than epoxy or firewire. I tried like 4 different shapes but it just didn't feel the same. None of the boards I tried recently compare to my unibrow, I like everything about it, the way it turns, carves, paddles, duck dives. I even like how it feels under my arm. By the way, I like TT for small, fat waves and FST for punchy, good waves. A large sticker will have to do the trick so I don't have to see the scar on my board every time I ride it which is pretty much my everyday board.

Welcome back brother....your in safe hands here we're all firewireholics!

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

"Since that day surfing became 1000 more fun and addicting, it's like I found that perfect board, I could use it pretty much in every condition"

OceanMinded I agree wholeheartedly with your above comment, My Uni has taken over as my all time favourite board, I dont want to ride anything else at the moment.

Signed a fellow Firewireholic

Comment

Since I brought my 5'10" TT Unibrow home around Christmas 2013, it has become my go to board for virtually all conditions. My other short boards include a CI neckbeard, CI DFR, and a Firewire Baked Potato. However, each time I think about taking out one of these other sticks I find myself grabbing the Unibrow because of how versatile and dependable it is. As well as out of fear of not having as much fun on one of those other boards. My surfing has improved considerably since I purchased it and I recently started to run larger fins in it to give me the hold I want in more powerful and critical turns. It truly has been a magic board for me.

Comment

i thought my dominator was the best board of all time until i got my 5.9 uni, can ride it in 1 ft kak to heaving, heavy slabs, i love it. I bought a 5.3 TT BP the other day and found myself missing the UNI, the day after i was back on the UNI and felt soooo much happier, feels like the DOM but better!!!!! :-)

Comment

yeah the uni sure is a fun one!

Comment

Working...
              X