Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unibrow Futures

Hi Guys and girls

I've got a 606 Unibrow arriving this week and need some fins. I'm 100kg and 6'3" tall. Surfing mostly beach breaks, but also my fair share of nice reef breaks.

I already have Stretch Quads, JC1 Blackstix, and a deviant fin.

I've ordered a set of EA Blackstix in Large, but wondering if I'd be better served by either Machado's or Jordy's? What are other people around my stats riding on this board, or what would you recommend?

Thanks

I am smaller than you but use scarfini large in 3 and quad set up ( initially used 3 but lately quad all the time). The board has a lot of tail and so I went for larger fin than usual. Results are great especially in slight chop - no hopping or skipping out. As loose as you would want the board to be. I do use a smaller set if waves are small or just grab the trusty old spitfire.

Comment

I ride the EA Blackstix and Parko Kinetics for pretty much anything. Parko's are big fins and have loads of control, and Blackstix give great release off the lip - but to be fair, they both work great in most conditions. Use thrusters 90% of the time, and quads when the waves are small and gutless for extra drive and speed.

Comment

Has anyone tried Elevons on the Uni?

Comment

• Peterleo
          Peterleo commented
          Editing a comment
          I've tried the Elevons on this board . Not really that great but amazing drive on my potatoes. I'm using Dave Rastovich quads , rusty blackstix trifins and on really powerful swell I'm using AMT twin fin fronts and Ea glass quad rears

I've changed my mind on getting the EA's. comparing them to JC1's (which I already have), they are almost identical. The EA's have something like 0.1" more area, with the base and length of the fin pretty much identical. I think i'll opt for the Jordy's in a Large template.

Comment

I have a 5'10" Unibrow (TT) and most of the time I ride AM2 (honeycomb) thruster setup. Works great and gives me the hold and drive I like for deep gouging carves. Would probably go with something smaller like the AM1 blackstix if I was looking for a looser tail.

Comment

Working...
          X