X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 rocket

Hi, some advice needed. I have a 5'10 potatonator, intermediate, around 85 kg and 186 cm. I love my potatonator but looking for something when the waves are bigger and steeper. I find that the potatonator digs the nose a lot when it gets steeper. So I was thinking about a V2 rocket but the question is if it would overlap to much with the potatonator? I like the look of hashtag, chubby chedda and the pyzel firewire collaboration surfboards look awesome too...
    Any advice on what to get? :)

The V2 rocket will be closer to the PN than the Hashtag, Pyzel, or CC would be. If you're looking for a board for when the waves get a little better, then I would look more closely at those three instead of the V2. But if you're looking for a board to replace your PN because of the nose bogging, then the V2 would be good.

- FIJ

Comment

I have a PN and a V2 I tend to only use the PN up till waste to shoulder on fuller waves, otherwise I use my V2, it surf's similar to the PN but with more hold I don't have a problem with it nose diving even on steep drops but I have bogged a rail in softer surf, it has a much higher and steeper range than the PN but it is still a small wave board. It doesn't catch waves quite as easily as the PN but it surfs much freer on surf with some push so is if a step up to a PN only a small one but I think more so than a spitfire.

Comment

• AZec2310
        AZec2310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you running both your PN and V2 as a quad or thruster? I'm looking into a 508 V2 over the 508 PN because of the same reasons you noted. I'm currently riding a 601 Hellrazor everyday and wanted a small wave board with similar volume or slightly more. I demoed a 508 PN and I felt it was a little too much volume for me (didn't have complete control over the board under my feet). The PN is probably really good for super mushy days?

Sorry for not getting back sooner work gets in the way some times I'm using a set of mb5s quad in the smaller fast breaks and thruster when it's bigger with good push

Comment

• AZec2310
        AZec2310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Whats your opinion between a 506 V2 in Timbertek or a 506 PN FST? I heard the TT were more buoyant. Do you think the TT construction will make up for some liters? I'm digging the 28-30 L range. I'm trying to decide between a 506 PN FST, 508 V2 TT, or a 506 V2 TT.

Hi you could easly sell the PN and just use the v2. Just don't over size as that wide nose helps the paddle power and stability. The V2 can take the job of the PN and board like the subscorcher Cc etc. Just look at criss ward and Shane beshen on lost TV. I surfed mine in over head to waste high but not slop. But not many boards apart from the baked and sweet go in slop.
      Originally posted by mihalex View Post
      Hi, some advice needed. I have a 5'10 potatonator, intermediate, around 85 kg and 186 cm. I love my potatonator but looking for something when the waves are bigger and steeper. I find that the potatonator digs the nose a lot when it gets steeper. So I was thinking about a V2 rocket but the question is if it would overlap to much with the potatonator? I like the look of hashtag, chubby chedda and the pyzel firewire collaboration surfboards look awesome too... Any advice on what to get? :) Thanks :)

Comment

Does the V2 compare at all to the El Fuego in the way it surfs ? I find there to be a fair few similarities in their shape and descriptions.

Comment

I have a v2 and an el fuego I don't think they are very similar the v2 is much snappier and feels much shorter even though there is only an inch of difference in them the V2 6' 2" el fuego 6' 3". The V2 feels more precise and direct as the rail shape would indicate it paddles about the same perhaps a little harder but hardly at all however I feel it is harder to catch waves on I tend to get hung up on the top of waves then set up for late take offs ( im not the strongest paddler in town probably make a land based turtle look good). Because of the wave catching problem i feel the elf grovels easier although once up and riding i much prefer the V2, haven't ridden the elf since i bought the V2 ( the elf was never my favourite board but iv'e kept it because its reliable and versatile

Comment

Working...
          X