X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 Rocket in TT or FST

Has anyone ridden the v2 in TT and FST? How does the flotation compare? I'm looking into a 5-6 in TT because they are more buoyant or a 5-8 in FST for 3 liters of more volume. Is the buoyancy comparable? I'd prefer a 5-6 but concerned it's not enough volume, would a 5-6 v2 in TT be buoyant enough?

Hello guys, I recently got the pleasure of using a Activator a 6.1. I believe 34 liters in the Dominican Republic. The waves where anywhere from chest to overhead. The board handled the reef breaks with ease and was able to catch the waves easily and was a blast but to corky for my weight. I am 5,9" and weight 184lbs fluctuate 10lbs or so. I am thinking the 5.11" at 32 liters would have been a better choice def. So i just ordered a 5,10" V2 Rocket in TTat 32 liters. My question is, I really like the activator and I live in Miami, we have no real waves except every once in a while a swell and we have to drive but mostly wind chop, do you guys think it would overlap my V2 for the better days? I am starting to build a firewire Quiver getting rid of all my CI's after using the Firewire. I have a lost bottom feeder at 5,8 for our crap windchop that we usually get that works good. I have the v2 coming now and was also thinking the Activator in 5,11 at 32 liters and I travel to the Carribean and Central America. Any suggestions would be helpful. Would also get a MD or similar for head + barrels.
    1. lost bottom feeder
    2. V2 Rocket
    3. Activator
    4. MD

Comment

3 ltrs is a fair jump. The shape of the v2 has a big effect on how it paddles and pushes back once under foot. TT w I'll be slightly more buoyant as due to the one lb eps core but not 3 ltrs worth.

Comment

Awesome thanks!

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the activator , you have a sick 3 board quiver there with the bottom feeder v2 and md. I have a similar set up my self. I will say keep or add a good old pu Hpsb in there, there is nothing like pulling real turns on a proper short board. I love my md but my pu driver kills it backhand for vertical snaps.
          Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Hello guys, I recently got the pleasure of using a Activator a 6.1. I believe 34 liters in the Dominican Republic. The waves where anywhere from chest to overhead. The board handled the reef breaks with ease and was able to catch the waves easily and was a blast but to corky for my weight. I am 5,9" and weight 184lbs fluctuate 10lbs or so. I am thinking the 5.11" at 32 liters would have been a better choice def. So i just ordered a 5,10" V2 Rocket in TTat 32 liters. My question is, I really like the activator and I live in Miami, we have no real waves except every once in a while a swell and we have to drive but mostly wind chop, do you guys think it would overlap my V2 for the better days? I am starting to build a firewire Quiver getting rid of all my CI's after using the Firewire. I have a lost bottom feeder at 5,8 for our crap windchop that we usually get that works good. I have the v2 coming now and was also thinking the Activator in 5,11 at 32 liters and I travel to the Carribean and Central America. Any suggestions would be helpful. Would also get a MD or similar for head + barrels. 1. lost bottom feeder 2. V2 Rocket 3. Activator 4. MD

Comment

Working...
          X