X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Size V4 Tomo?

31yrs old Int/advance. 200-210lbs I had a 5,10 VG but felt too big. I got a 5,8 that feels good although some of the speed may have gone ( this could be a fins thing)

Do I need a V4

and if so should I go 6,0 or 6,2?

I feel these tomos should be smaller right? I know in clean lined up waves my VG will kill it. I see V4 on clist in 6.0 right now ? Should I buy it? Its 31 litres which is 3 below my normal minimum. When I hold a 6.o V4 it seems small. Yet the 6,20 feels too big under chest?

What to do???!!!

if the 508 feels good, then the 600 V4 should work a treat. If it's on craigs list, it will be cheap. If you don't like it, just re-sell it and get the 602.

Comment

Personally I think you want a touch more volume in a v4 than a vanguard. In a vanguard ALL of the volume and surface area comes into play. The v4 not so much, slightly more like a traditional board. The v4 is also a little more foiled out and elegant than the VG. Most of the people riding the same volume have said the VG paddles, catches waves and surfs quicker.

Comment

Good point Phill.

Comment

what phill said..........

Comment

Ok I think the 6,2 then. Is it even worth it with A Dom,VG,Alt?

Comment

6,2 - 5,8 - 6,4

Comment

if the vanguard has made you hate the feel of 'normal' boards and you want something a bit more suited to larger playing fields and shifty line ups, the v4 a worthy purchase.

Comment

what phill said again...

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
                    Personally I think you want a touch more volume in a v4 than a vanguard. In a vanguard ALL of the volume and surface area comes into play. The v4 not so much, slightly more like a traditional board. The v4 is also a little more foiled out and elegant than the VG. Most of the people riding the same volume have said the VG paddles, catches waves and surfs quicker.
                    Hi guys,I am 511, 76kg. Getting a v4 for the good days, lined up, oh+. My paddle fitness is not that great though, you think a v4 60 fst would be all right? I know is a little over volumed for my weight but I need those liters to catch more waves, get early, beat crowds. Would the board still perform and turn nice? Thanks for any advice. Cheers!

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As long as it doesn't feel too bulky to you it'll be good I'd say.
                  Working...
                  X