X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 nose and tail ?

Hello, wanted to know the extent of the Nose and Tail of the V4 with relation to the vanguard, thanks

the tail is narrower with the outline less parallel as it starts curving back from a more forward wide point.. rail to rail is much twitchier.. although the fin placement on the vg give it the same performance regardless of the extra width.. the forward rail pulls in obviously to accommodate the pointy nose.. for me this shortens the way it rides and can bog the front foot through slow fat turns if you dont mix in more back foot compared to the vg which maintains a longer effective rail line all the way to the "tip" which surfs longer and drivier (but still can go just as radical) the vg's nose also gives you more buoyancy to lean up on whilst not being in the way...ever... both good boards... if i surfed glassy indo everyday then either would go nuts... one board for everyday in any conditions and i find the vg is full hyper high performance from small junk up to biggish reefs etc...
    Last edited by core personal training; 03-13-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

http://instagram.com/p/lqH2WLBIfA/

V4 territory.. from the other day, this is overhead and thicker/slabbier than it looks...sets were easily double that and throwing wide THICK barrels.. if you look closely there is a sup rider standing at the top of the second wave for scale... did i mention i had this to my self as usual... :) just back from another session.. most had no length but super sucky thick shallow drops were the norm... v4 is lovin' this wave.. (so did the vg) .... another day in paradise..!!

Comment

Core I think I know the spot I had it very good last year and it must have been good over the past few weeks thanks for reminding me, just got to drive about 45 mins. Where's my Nano my VG is nearly dead have been riding exclusively for a year.

Comment

• core personal training
          Editing a comment
          nn66, wrong drive time..try again.. :) hopefully your nano will be in my vg shipment...

• nn66
          nn66 commented
          Editing a comment
          You will have to take me there when I get my Nano I thought it was near NH

closer than ya think... ;p... i'll blind fold you first and drive you around the compass for an hour before heading there.. !!.. its pretty much my private wave...

Comment

• nn66
          nn66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I think I have got it, yes very ledgy deep ocean wave, I have ridden it a few times and yes if you are there during the week it would be empty. I like the right at the other end of the beach however too many lids on it these days.
      Working...
      X