X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 for fat over head waves?

Hi guys, I am looking for a board that helps me with 6ft+ waves, but usually where I go the waves are high but fat. I was thinking V4 since is a versatile hp/kind of hybrid board according to a lot of reading at reviews and the description at FW website (they describe it as a good board for even small surf). I am 30yrs old, weight 170lb, int surfer, good condition but get in the water like 3 days straight each month (I live in mainland Mex). I was thinking a 6´0 would be the ticket, but I hesitate for the the 6´2 since the hi volume could help me a lot getting these hi but fat waves. I have a 6´0 Unibrow as an all rounder (33lt). I wish there was a V4 6´1 but there isn´t so, any help here would be great help. The Mini Driver was an option but it seems very similar to the UB, so If I am getting another board I want to try something different, and looking at some videos of the Tomo boards I am very excited about geting one. Thanks for any advice, saludos!!

Go for the 6'0 V4 at your weight 31.5L should be fine. At that size the wave should have enough juice to power the V4 easily and it is quite a good paddler. Between that and your 6'0 UB you should have a good quiver to cover you for everything surfable. A BP would be good for grovelling in the knee high stuff but the UB will certainly do for well enough for waist high at that volume and your weight I would think.

Comment

Working...
    X