X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size question

So I'm about 185 lbs, 40 years old, riding a 5'9" Nano and I think I sized it perfectly (for me). Thinking about a V4...do I try and keep the same volume or go more/less? I guess it's between the 6'0 and the 6'2".

if the nano doesn't feel high/over volumed for your surfing then you could enjoy the larger v4... it does paddle and take off "small/refined", especially if its choppy... if we are talking about you wanting to absolutely shred then you would be down on the 5'10.... i ride that at 85-90kgs..(not that i shred.!). that is in line with my volume for the 5'6 vanguard and other hi-perf boards.. it shreds from clean 2ft to huge.. but.. if the sea is angry at any size, the v4 feels small until i'm on my feet and i could benefit from going "over volume" to the 6'0... so, if you are progressing and want to improve your performance and ride smoothish conditions then drop to the 6'0... if you dont want to increase the difficulty factor and are happy with your performance using your current volume then the 6'2 will keep you confident when stepping up off your nano...
    Last edited by core personal training; 06-02-2014, 02:35 AM.

Comment

well played core! i would echo the "follow your comfortable volume" sentiment when talking about going from one Tomo shape to the next. Especially since they are going to be ridden in similar conditions (thought the V4 might have a slightly higher end).

Comment

Working...
      X