X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fins?

hi, just wanting to know what fins (futures) people are riding in their v4, or what you would recommend.
    cheers

mat biolis..the large carbon base ones... would like a little more tip area... no more sweep tho... might try my simons... ea's fun when small and sucky... thats in a 5'10... four fins sucked ..then again, i always say that..!!

Comment

Agree with Cores take. I have MB PC's nearly glued in. Simon Anderson Sa25 large work well. Both quad however. Small 5th fin for a pivot point in most of the time. Like to try Stretch fins though. Anyone had them in V4 or VG?

Comment

in v4 the futures stretch 4 fin felt better than sa 4 fin... but i still hated all the lost performance... back to 3 fins for me... although board just been retired for the moment... see other thread.. while waiting on lft vg i'm dusting off the hellfire, mb etc... can i still ride conventional boards..????

Comment

sweet guys thanks, might try the clay marzo 5 fin set, or chuck in the wct techflex? so you think a slighty more upright fin thats a bit stiifer is the go?

Comment

• core personal training
            Editing a comment
            wct's probably a bit small...marzos might work.. maybe a little thin tipped if you like to put the boot in...i overpowered the tips in other boards... thruster marzos that is..

I have futures MB3's in my 5'10 V4 feels great...........

Comment

• core personal training
            Editing a comment
            mb3s a touch smaller than my 2's aren't they Faz?? enough drive?? whats your weight??

• Fazza
            Fazza commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they have and area of 14.72"

I'm only 68kgs so they work well for me.

the answer to my earlier question (can i still ride conventional boards) is... hmmm sorta..!!... at 10kgs lighter than last time i rode it i was out of control today on my MB 602 thin.. over head backhand point with large bumps and chops.. like a rodeo ride.. got some pretty radical upside down top carves in but they were miss-timed and the board was jumping out repeatedly through the turns.. hard to know when to push hard and when to ease off... lots of helicopter arm recoveries etc... for reference, the 506 vg deals with this point easily when like that...next up.. will i still feel the hellfire magic??? stay tuned... same bat channel, same bat time.....

Comment

• core personal training
            Editing a comment
            OH HELLFIRE YES... after a long separation it felt like we had never been apart... had new thick powerful wedgey (albeit windy) growing swell at my private beach...straight out of the gates the dusted off hellfire drove hard backhand off the bottom on those perfectly matched SA3's and belted an inverted reo with late buried landing and out into another bottom turn... yeeeeeeeeew.!!!

after all the hard work i put it through including the beltings on reefs, and the constant handing out for demo's over years now, it still surfs as lively and fresh as the day it was made with my footwells bedded in and nothing else...gotta love light and direct rapidfire... try that with a normal "non firewire" board

Good stuff core. I'm only 76 kg and will be riding. 5'8. Can blow the tail quite often on my mb, if I push, doesn't always stick though! Still think clays will be to small? Can't wait for my v4. Creased my potatonator, punting and landing in the flats quite hard. Devo. Prob pushed the wave size a bit too much on that one. Happy surfing.

Comment

• core personal training
            Editing a comment
            probs ok then daco, i was testing then at over 90kgs.. felt good into turns with the base area but flimsy on the exit... you may like the wcts in it but i reckon you'll want a touch more drive.. at least your landing punts mate..!.. i'm too worried about my frail old body to hang on for the impact..!! air drops are bad enough..!!

fazza, i just realised there's a slightly bigger set than mine. when i dry out and fix the v4 i might try them.. all you flyweights..!! I'm depriving myself the pleasures of life to just stay down at 85kg..!! and I've lost all my muscle and strength.. bloody abs cover is still wobbling away..!!

Comment

Working...
          X