X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarge View Post
    Only had a handful of surfs so far and all under head-high so still working it out, but liking it more each time. It certainly prefers shoulder high more than waist,(will be grabbing the dominator at this wave size now that test has been done) and so far it is much better as a thruster to get that push off the bottom of the wave and into the lip, where it releases really nicely / easily.
    Looking forward to this weekend's expected increase in swell.
    Mines great under waist high but then again it is a 6'2" so more of an allrounder for me.
    Yeah looking forward to the back end of this weekend to really test her out in some size.

Comment

Hi guys - 41 yrs young, 92kgs light, not as fit as I used to be, found my 6'4" Hellfire a bit to boaty and absolutely love my 5'6" sweet potato.

Just pulled the trigger on a 5'10" Vanguard but can change order as required - 6'0" better choice? Want to use it for surfing hollower waves than the SP can handle and from chest high up when the SP runs out.

Quad or Thruster? The Hellfire was much better as a thruster for me

Thanks

Comment

boranup its tough to say 100% but if the 604 hellfire felt too big, then i think you are on the right path going with the 510 Vanguard. also if you liked the Hellfire as a thruster then you should definitely ride the vanguard as a thruster as well. But I do encourage experimenting because you never know!!

Cheers

Comment

Just had a quick look over the Vanguard in my local shop.
          Stands out like dogs balls from the other 6'1" hp shortboards in the rack.
          LOL!

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
              LOL!
              Hey Cuttle how do you find the thickness distribution towards the rails? does it thin out rapidly?

Comment

iggy i would say rapidly is the wrong word, but it does obviously thin down as you move outward from the middle of the board. think not quite a Michel but less so than a Dominator...

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                  Hey Cuttle how do you find the thickness distribution towards the rails? does it thin out rapidly?
                  Sorry Iggy but I am not allowed back into the surfshop to look again.
                  My wife is off OS next week so after that it is ON!
                  LOL!

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

Hey guys. Iam about 90 kgs, 35 yrs young and have ridden a 5'8 spitefire before which i found really good to surf, just need 1 more litre of board. Would the 5'8 32.2litre vanguard be better for me or should i get the 5'10 35.7litre vanguard. I am paddle fit, intermediate/advanced surfer. Plan on using it upto 6ft. I ride a 5'11 placebo rocket and a 33 litre hypto krypto HS which is pretty boyant

Comment

5'8" I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by ranggiz View Post
                          Hey guys. Iam about 90 kgs, 35 yrs young and have ridden a 5'8 spitefire before which i found really good to surf, just need 1 more litre of board. Would the 5'8 32.2litre vanguard be better for me or should i get the 5'10 35.7litre vanguard. I am paddle fit, intermediate/advanced surfer. Plan on using it upto 6ft. I ride a 5'11 placebo rocket and a 33 litre hypto krypto HS which is pretty boyant
                          I'm the same weight and going with the 5'8 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            iggy i would say rapidly is the wrong word, but it does obviously thin down as you move outward from the middle of the board. think not quite a Michel but less so than a Dominator...
                            Thanks Christos!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                              Sorry Iggy but I am not allowed back into the surfshop to look again.
                              My wife is off OS next week so after that it is ON!
                              LOL!
                              jejejejeje

Comment

Chris said forget about Height and go by Volume.

I agree with this- yet I would take it step further and factor in the "stability rating" in addition to volume when picking boards. Weight is one thing, but how is your weight distributed? Center of gravity? Ability? Balance?

The stability rating factors in flotation and by the way is conveniently located in the compare boards feature/tech view. Although the Vanguard is not yet listed.
                                Last edited by Lizardman; 02-10-2013, 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X