Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah agree. also the newer boards will be added to board compare very soon.

Comment

Well I finally got to ride the 5'10" and loved every minute of it. It truely is the most bizarre thing I have every held/surfed but once you get past that it is pure joy, fun and fast on the waves and a pleasure to turn. I rode it in clean face cross onshore waves that didnt have much push and at 92kgs it was a breeze. Cant wait to get more waves on it - dont let the look of it put you off, it works and its a blast!!!

Comment

yea the 5'10 is fun. i swapped for a few waves w my friends 5'6 PN, two completely diff feels. the PN gets in better, but the control on the VG is more predictable. still, both r fun. didnt mind swapping a bit.

Comment

Got my board last week and was a bit worried that I went to big. However, pretty sure that I went with the right size(5'10)after hearing you guys talk about it. The ocean is dead flat so I am pretty much staring at it every day now.

What fins are you guys using? Quad or thruster?

Comment

Originally posted by norberg View Post
            Got my board last week and was a bit worried that I went to big. However, pretty sure that I went with the right size(5'10)after hearing you guys talk about it. The ocean is dead flat so I am pretty much staring at it every day now.

What fins are you guys using? Quad or thruster?
            Same here... I think I have waxed the board already 3 times!!!! ;)

Comment

i"ve been using the SA quads for the hollower stuff and mixing front SA w rear TS on the smaller stuff. i used the CM2 thruster the 1st day, but i think the quads r the way to go. either way, this board is fast. i've been fortunate to b able to surf it everyday from clean 4' to 2' mush. taking the day off today cus it is fricken cold. or maybe not.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9MXB5k-CMc

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Z0OVyKEKI

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
                    i"ve been using the SA quads for the hollower stuff and mixing front SA w rear TS on the smaller stuff. i used the CM2 thruster the 1st day, but i think the quads r the way to go. either way, this board is fast. i've been fortunate to b able to surf it everyday from clean 4' to 2' mush. taking the day off today cus it is fricken cold. or maybe not.
                    Thanks fokaiHI

Can't wait to give it a go. It's -11 degrees C in the air and 2 degrees C in the water here so I don't mind swapping with you. ha ha.

I only have G-XQ trailers so will try them with GAM and UL-7 to see which ones are best. Just need some swell.....

Comment

yeah anyone who steps on one seems to freak out...

Comment

The Vanguard sounds great but I can't get past the unconventional shape. I picked-up the FW 2013 quiver brochure at my local shop and saw the new FW/Tomo V4. This looks like the ticket for me. When will it be available?

Comment

OK, so long time Firewire lover. My go to daily board is a 5'4" Dominator. Step-up is a 5'8" Hellfire or 6'0 Flexfire. I'm ordering the 5'4" Vanguard, but wondering if the volume game is completely right on this one. It seems that going the same length as the Dom is a tiny bit too long. Anyone else riding both a Dominator and a Vanguard? Are you going with the same sizes for both?

Comment

My dom & spit are 6'0 I'm going with the 5'8 VG. Because there will be more area actually planing the water because of the very rectangular shape and it will be very fast because of the more parallel rails I believe you can go to your lower volume boundary. I'm, 6'0 and 90kg and know a guy who is 95kg that has made his own 5'4 x 19 x 2 1/4 and had no issue paddling and catching waves on it. His only comments were it wouldn't grovel. That's sort of extreme but I'm sure you can go 4" shorter.

Comment

I am also 90kg. I have 6'2 Dom. Was looking at 6'0 vanguard. Demo'ed the 5'10 vanguard twice and have now ordered one. Think 6'0 would have had too much volume. One of the best boards I have ridden. Fast, manouverable but still feels very stable.

Comment

Hmmm. Now I'm wondering if I should go with the 5'2". At 84kg I already surf ultra low volume for my weight, in the 24-26L range. Tempted to order both 5'2" and 5'4" and sell whichever is too big/too small.

Comment

Working...
                                X