X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PUKAS View Post
    Gracias. No me veo ya con una tabla con menos de 19" de ancho,asi que la 5,8 es la correcta, puesto que ya voy para viejo.un saludo amigo y buenas olas
    jajajaj estamos en el mismo bote!!

Comment

Originally posted by PUKAS View Post
      I,m 85kg dry,i dont want to go wrong with my 5,8 vang.but listen to you make me go on the 5,6.
      Go for it, the shorter the better with these things I reckon for the whole wake-board / theres no board under my feet feel. If you want it longer then you're better off going with the Tomo pointy nose options coming soon.

Comment

It,s all about volume 29l is too low for my weight.

Comment

I'm 5'8 170 lb, ride the 5'4 vanguard. Floats quite well, paddles great, grovels much better than expected. To me it feels pretty close to a high performance shortboard, not too weird or different, just feels smaller, grovels better, it's a bit faster and a bit easier to throw around. The skateboard comparisons seem pretty accurate. Overall great board.

Comment

Skating on the Tomo...
            http://youtu.be/b-1PH2gG3dY

Comment

Hey FokaiHI, looks like it paddles real well. You were already flying and up before the dude (going left?) was even paddling - it might just have been the positioning of the peak, you and him. But it looks like it gets moving very quickly and once you are on the peak you can track with it even if it starts shifting around. It looks fast.

Comment

Great little vid...good work FokaiHI

Comment

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Comment

thanks for the great feedback. the VG paddles really well. at times i might catch the nose getting buried during a cut-back, but otherwise, its just a really fun board. being the oldest guy w the smallest board is funny. the 11 yr old kid was riding a 5'1 PU, and that was the only person w a smaller board. hopefully everyone feels the same.

FW has made the transition from big board to small board real easy for me thanks to this forum. when all u ride r 9' boards, u dont think about volume placement or type of wave. btw, people want to see how the board works, so a majority of them will give way. at least for now.

Comment

Yeah havent had the chance to surf it in decent waves but I`ve paddled it around and that surprised me as well. The extra chunk on the nose area allows you to paddle the board a bit more forward.
                      Spring is just around the corner!!! waiting for the ice to melt so she can get some quality time

Comment

is surf that seasonal in canada? btw, how's the stiffness to the boards in such cold water?

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
                          is surf that seasonal in canada? btw, how's the stiffness to the boards in such cold water?
                          To tell you the truth I can not feel it. I`ve exposed the boads from +20C to -10C in a matter of munites and my boards have not suffered any discernable changes.
                          Here in Montreal we surf a river wave all year round almost (we only stop when ice flows downstream...we dont want to screw the boards) and whenver there are swells and work permots off we drive to Maine for some quality time. But the rides we get on the standing wave go anywhere from 2 min to whenever cramps occur (that is of course if there is no people in the line, if so a max of 2min is imposed). All this to say that the boards here receive use and abuse and they stay pristine (of course if you give them some love).
                          Usually stop surfing the river around mid December and re-start around mid April

Comment

i never knew that. thats the type of surfer i like see here. r community wud never put a max on anything in the water. i impose the 1 SUP max at all breaks in Hawaii. lol

Comment

i never knew that. thats the type of surfer i like see here. r community wud never put a max on anything in the water. i impose the 1 SUP max at all breaks in Hawaii. lol
                              jajajjaja sweepers are allowed here... guilty as charged!!
                              I ride anything I can get my hands on, from SUP passing through longboards to 5`2`` potato.
                              You have to be prepared when you drive 5hrs each way to go surf you better be covered
                              I always say there is not such a thing as a bad wave, just a poor choice of equippment. Given the lack of good waves around, anything merely decent is very much appreciated!! ;)
                              Last edited by iggy; 03-04-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

IMPOSE ? you mean you tell them to paddle in if more than 2 are circling? Heavy...but funny as. Iggy and Fokai...just interested...Iggy you are about the same weight as Fokai but ride a VG that is 4 inches shorter? How old are you Iggy? I am the same age and weight as Fokai and thought the 5'8 would be right for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X